Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  15
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Logo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Logo

I am wanting to get a proper logo for my images instead of just the words "photography by MB". I did that initially as I didn't know of anything else to put on there and it was my FB page name.

I like the idea of a small image or logo, but have no idea where to start looking for one....or more to the fact, what websites or places are good for this type of thing.

Adam Brice, I see you have a new one (well, one that I haven't seen before I went MIA)....where did you get yours done??
    Monika
    Equipment: Canon 60D, Nikon FE, Nikkor 50mm 1.8 lens, Fancier FT-662A tripod, 18-55mm kit lens, 55-250mm kit lens, 30mm 1.4 Sigma lens, LR4, PS Elements
    Check out my Flickr photos ... http://www.flickr.com/photos/missmonny/
    ... and then you can like me on www.facebook.com/PhotoByMB or see my shop on http://www.redbubble.com/people/msmonny

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are your thoughts on the logo, Monika? Do you want something that says "photography" alone, or something that says something unique and special about your particular speciality? Look at Richard Hall's logo and there's not doubting what sort of photography he's involved with. Assign Observatory (Barry) also has a logo that points to his particular penchant for night/astro work. So what's your poison, eh? If I know that I can perhaps suggest some royalty free graphics sites you might search.
    Waz
    Be who you are and say what you mean, because those who matter don't mind don't matter and those who mind don't matter - Dr. Seuss...
    D700 x 2 | Nikkor AF 50 f/1.8D | Nikkor AF 85 f/1.8D | Optex OPM2930 tripod/monopod | Enthusiasm ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Use your own image, a bit of time, some Photoshop work, and Voila!
    You have a logo.

May sound a little daunting, but there's no rush, and it is fun to do.
    Then you can make a version which you can turn into a brush so you can easily use it to put your logo on your pictures.
    All my photos are taken with recycled pixels.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom, is knowing not to serve it in a fruit salad.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Waz and Benny.

Firstly, Waz, you have a good point about what do I want to show with the logo....what is my specialty?? I really don't have a specialty, so a generic type of logo would suit me I guess. Time to put my thinking cap on I guess.

Benny, turning it into a brush sounds VERY daunting!!! Ummm, need to work that one out!! Food for thought though. Thanks.

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Interested to see what people say.
    Anyway you could incorporate;
    Monika's
    Memories.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, the name does stump me, Mark!!! Not sure on that one though.
    I dont' think many will comment on this thread though......just a hunch!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did mine hand written, scanned in and then just cleaned up and removed the background.

I don't like it. I have messy handwriting, so I rarely use it.
    Greg Bartle,
    I have a Pentax and I'm not afraid to use it.
    Pentax K5
    Sigma 10-20 | Tamron 17-50 F:2.8 | Sigma 50 F:1.4 | Sigma 70-200 F:2.8 Plus a bunch of Ye Olde lenses

Would you like to see more?
    http://flickr.com/photosbygreg

Going Cold Blooded
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Monika, I made mine in Photoshop! I just created one combined the different elements around Bridgetown and threw it into a circular design
    Canon 7D Mark II

Adam Brice

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe it's a case of you'll know what you want when you see it, Monika. I'd suggest you go to openclipart.org and start browsing. It's all public domain unless otherwise noted and you can download anything you like and play with it to see what you might like. Hope that helps, mate.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greg, I like that idea. I actually love my handwriting... got a recent tattoo in my own handwriting .... so, that may give me an idea!

Adam, so you made it, but how did you put it on your images?? That is prob a very naive question....might google or youtube it.

Waz, I had a bit of an inkling today as I was thinking out how much I looooove clouds. I mean, I am so obsessed by them, i nearly run off the road cos I am too busy staring at them (look at my avatar!). So, I thought I could incorp. clouds into my logo!! Yes??

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    How you make and put a watermark/logo on an image : http://www.ausphotography.net.au/for...rush-method%29
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    How you make and put a watermark/logo on an image : http://www.ausphotography.net.au/for...rush-method%29
    My thoughts are use your name as a major part of any logo,and here is why.

What is Anne Geddes logo, What is Ansel Adams logo, Annie Liebovitz? any others? You know the names of these famous photographers, but did they have a logo and what was it?

My point is that people remember the name, not the logo. Yes logos are good for things like Maccas and KFC, but history shows that a logo in relation to photography is really not something that 'sticks' and becomes identifiable with the photographer, their name is.

So my suggestion is use your name as THE major part of any logo.
    Last edited by ricktas; 14-05-2013 at 7:56am.

Going Cold Blooded
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Monika, as Rick mentioned above - you can use the brush preset way but to keep the colour in mine I add it as a separate layer (using a .png file with just the logo - so no background colour ie: white/black) you can resize it to any size you want etc.

I had a little play for you and came up with this:

mb pHOTOGRAPHY 3 by Adam Brice, on Flickr

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    My thoughts are use your name as a major part of any logo,and here is why.

What is Anne Geddes logo, What is Ansel Adams logo, Annie Liebovitz? any others? You know the names of these famous photographers, but did they have a logo and what was it?

My point is that people remember the name, not the logo. Yes logos are good for things like Maccas and KFC, but history shows that a logo in relation to photography is really not something that 'sticks' and becomes identifiable with the photographer, their name is.

So my suggestion is use your name as THE major part of any logo.
    Yes, you are so right!!! I remember Everlook Photography, but I can't remember the logo Dylan has!! Last night I came up with a name for me, but this morning decided to use my own name for the mean time. Thanks for the link.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by outstar79 View Post
    Hi Monika, as Rick mentioned above - you can use the brush preset way but to keep the colour in mine I add it as a separate layer (using a .png file with just the logo - so no background colour ie: white/black) you can resize it to any size you want etc.

I had a little play for you and came up with this:

mb pHOTOGRAPHY 3 by Adam Brice, on Flickr
    Thanks so much Adam! Using lettering in PS is something I am not use to. What you have played around with does look good...really good! Looks like lots of playing for me!!

Fishy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would suggest you write down all your ideas and maybe do a few drawings. As it evolves the light will come on and you will say "why didn't I think of that first" cheers Brian
    Cheers Brian.

Canon 7D Kit lenses EFS 18-55 IS EFS 55-250 IS EF28-90 Canon EF 2xll Extender Sigma DG150-500 OS Speedlight 420EX. 580EX

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Brian! I have already changed it a bit and I can see the merits of just playing around, finding 'the one'!

When my husband and I chose our business name and logo, it took nearly 3 months of throwing around names and ideas.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, after a bit of a play and taking in suggestions from everyone ..... I have decided only a signature and no logo. I like what I have come up with but the only prob is that i will have to change to colour manually for each image, but thats not a problem.

What do you think?????
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms Monny View Post
    What do you think?????
    I like it, Monika! Simple clear and to the point. Well done!

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Waz!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with Wazza, Simple and elegant.

Changing colours, just invert the colours so the BG is black and the writing White. Save it as a second file, and blend using lighter colour (should work I think) - I use the layer method same as Adam.

You can also point Lightroom to your signature in the export dialogue, and it will automatically put your logo on any exported file.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice 1 Monika.

It's nice and clean. And still stylised.

Also if you wanted to in the future, you could quite easily adapt it to fit in a cloud outline (maybe using the tail of the B).

The use of the word photographics, instead of Photography is an interesting one, and not often seen.

Also I think you have a great name that could stand by itself in a logo.

Monika
    photographics

you don't happen to use Nokia do you

Anyway. I do like you new design .. the rest is just random thoughts from my head, or me avoiding actual work :P
    Hi I'm Mark - See me on Flikr or Google+
    Feel free to make comments or give me advice.. also to add me to your social network
    Using Canon 650D and Lenses: Canon EF 85mm 1.8, EF 50mm 1.8, EF-S18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS and EF-S55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast