Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

which Softbox?

Hi,

I am after a new softbox
    The Lastolite Ezybox 24″ is great but too expensive
    The CheetahStand QBox 24″ is even better (comes with grid) for half the price but ships only in US
    The Impact Quikbox seems similar but still $50 shipping cost

Does anyone know a similar one for about $100.
    anyone experience with the Protog ones http://protog.com.au/softboxes-umbre...page=2&sort=2a

cheers,
    Mike

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No experience with the Protog ones but thanks for the heads up - off to order a couple now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Protog are good people to deal with, reliable and honest, but a majority of their products are cheap Chinese gear. I think they suit perfectly, because it seems that is what you are looking for.

If you want a high quality softbox for speedlights, I can recommend the Westcott Apollo in both 28" and 50". I have both and they open/close like an umbrella, are durable and provide wonderful even light. The 28" come with a stand for a little over US$100. You can find much better freight options than retailers in the USA offer, just need to look around. I use a broker and save a packet buying all of my gear from offshore. The broker will also help you get around resellers that only ship to the USA.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    Protog are good people to deal with, reliable and honest, but a majority of their products are cheap Chinese gear.
    I agree

I think they suit perfectly, because it seems that is what you are looking for.
    not exactly I'd like to get something with a bit of quality like Lastolite/Cheetah

If you want a high quality softbox for speedlights, I can recommend the Westcott Apollo in both 28" and 50". I have both and they open/close like an umbrella, are durable and provide wonderful even light. The 28" come with a stand for a little over US$100. You can find much better freight options than retailers in the USA offer, just need to look around. I use a broker and save a packet buying all of my gear from offshore. The broker will also help you get around resellers that only ship to the USA.
    thanks for the advice, can you suggest any?
    Last edited by b4cktr4ck; 09-05-2013 at 10:37pm.