This is what annoys me about parcel couriers in Australia. If I order something from Hong Kong or the USA, when the item is despatched I get an email with a tracking code and from that I can basically track an item every step of the way, even telling me when customs have the item etc.

But send a parcel in Australia and they might as well not have tracking in the first place.

I posted an item Express Post via Australia Post Monday morning at 9.15am, to go from South Hobart to Victoria Park (Perth Suburb). Now I expected that the Next Day delivery might not happen cause stuff in and out of Tas usually takes an extra day. Which is odd in the first place cause a flight from Melb to Hobart is shorter than one from Sydney to Melb. So in reality it should have gone to Melb on Monday, hit the Perth flight monday night with all the other mail heading west and been there Tuesday (or maybe today).

On Monday as soon as I sent the item I sent a text to the receiving party giving them the tracking code. They called me a few minutes ago to say they have received it..BUT. The Australia Post tracking system is pathetic. Not only do they not have that it has been delivered but they also have not even acknowledged the item is even in transit.

rant.jpg

If you are going to offer a tracking service, at least make sure you offer one that works!