Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Adobe to abandon Photoshop! CS6 is the last one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    What would "that" be ? Greg
    I think the accepted spelling is "Doobee" William.
    Not that I know anything about that sort of thing.
    Greg Bartle,
    I have a Pentax and I'm not afraid to use it.
    Pentax K5
    Sigma 10-20 | Tamron 17-50 F:2.8 | Sigma 50 F:1.4 | Sigma 70-200 F:2.8 Plus a bunch of Ye Olde lenses

Would you like to see more?
    http://flickr.com/photosbygreg

Account Closed at member's request
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm another one that believes this is a really dumb idea. If they think it will prevent pirating, they're underestimating the public. If guys can jailbreak iphones with all the work Apple put into preventing it happening, they have more chance of falling pregnant through wind pollination than preventing guys from hacking their cloud software. I guarantee within a couple of months some 13 yr old with pasty white skin who does this sort of stuff for fun will break the security on it, post it online and the only people Adobe will have pissed off is their paying customers.

I'm lucky in that I get access to Adobe software through work but what Adobe needs to understand is their pirating has everything to do with their overpriced software. They'd be selling way more software if they halved their pricing, but it's the lack of competition that allows them to overprice the software. It's a little like MYOB (one of my other pet hates) who charge the same price as the initial software purchase for second rate support and tax table updates with no option to update your own tax tables.

Sorry Adobe, if I leave my company and have to buy my own software, you can guarantee I won't be buying it via your crapscription model.
    Last edited by MissionMan; 09-05-2013 at 12:11am.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, I got into digital photography about 10 years ago, where the only software I could afford was a product put out by "Ulead" developers, I stuck with this until around five years ago (when 'Corel' took over Photoimpact X3) I then looked at CS5, used trial version for 30 days, but it was too expensive for basic photo post processing (great for graphic designers) I opted for PS Elements and until recently used it exclusively. Over the last few days I downloaded trail version of 'Lightroom' and will most likey buy it if I can confirm that Elements and Lightroom will not be going CLOUD!! Got another 3 weeks of trial left - Serif software has PS clone in its PhotoPlus!!!
    Pentax K30| Pentax 18-250 1:3.5-6.3 zoom| Pentax 50mm 1:1.4 prime| Panasonic V-700 Camcorder| GoPro Hero 4
    My world travel photos

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Free (can't be any good) and it's not Adobe (can't be any good).
    http://www.gimp.org/about/introduction.html
    Last edited by Mark L; 11-05-2013 at 8:40pm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by agb View Post
    Can you give a link to that, I have searched the adobe website and I cannot find anything less than $19.99p/m
    I went thru the subscribe process and when you get to the final page it gives you a 9.99 special rate for a single app after it checks your eligibility. I didn't finish the process, thought I will wait till the last minute so I can get the special rate as long as possible.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimD View Post
    I'll never pay Adobe a subscription.

I'll just use CS6 until it's a dinosaur and by then there might be some competitive products around.

It's moves like this by Adobe that give products like Gimp a much needed shot in the arm.
    the problem with this is not all camera systems are gimp compatible
    cc and enjoy

Photography is painting with light

K1, Pentax 18-250mm zoom, Pentax 100mm macro, Sigma 50-500mm, Pentax 28-105mm
    Velbon Sherpa tripod Photoshop CS6

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kym View Post
    This is a big mistake by Adobe.

It will open the door for competing products.
    I would have to agree Kym.
    There are a lot of great packages out there that may not be a single competitor, but people will use another product if they dont have the choice........

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think they really have not quite got it. This is there response so far.
    http://blogs.adobe.com/creativecloud...oud-an-update/

- - - Updated - - -
    Last edited by agb; 30-05-2013 at 6:13pm. Reason: doubled up
    The age of entitlement isn't over, it's just over there where you can't get to it.
    When several possibilities exist, the simplest solution is the best.
    "There are no rules" Bruce Barnbaum, The art of Photography
    Graham

Former Username : Wetpixels
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudman View Post
    the problem with this is not all camera systems are gimp compatible
    I admit I don't understand why a generic program like Gimp can be said to be incompatible with a camera. Is it just the raw conversion part of the process?

However, even accepting that, time to support Gimp and make it what you need it to be. Then you'll never again be held to ransom by large companies for your photo processing needs.

Account Closed at member's request
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Former Username : Wetpixels
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw it more as customer lock-in and perpetual forced upgrades, than as piracy prevention. No more can you buy an old version and be happy to never upgrade. It gives Adobe a much more dependable income stream.
    80D, 600D, EFS 60mm Macro, Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM Lens - Contemporary, Sigma 18-250mm 1:3.5-6.3 DC Macro OS HSM lens, EF-S 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 IS STM lens, EF-S 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 IS II lens, EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II lens, Yongnuo YN500EX flash, Velbon Sherpa 5370D tripod, PH-157Q head, Klika W1003 monopod, AF Macro Extension tubes, LED Ringflash Software: Darktable, Gimp, DigiKam

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Slowly getting the message perhaps?
    http://photorumors.com/2013/06/16/ad...#ixzz2WQOGiKQY

A royal pain in the bum! arthurking83's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I read this headline on another site, and a point they made was that whilst the CC component of this new service was in deed broken into by some Chinese hackers and now pirated, it remains to be seen if this is a long term process as the CC model requires continual response from the Adobe servers on a monthly basis.

I don't think that the rehacking process will be hard for the hackers to maintain in the short term, but at some point in the future Adobe will most likely find a way to stop them.
    Nikon D800E, D300, D70s
    {Nikon}; -> 50/1.2 : 500/8 : 105/2.8VR Micro : 180/2.8 ais : 105mm f/1.8 ais : 24mm/2 ais
    {Sigma}; ->10-20/4-5.6 : 50/1.4 : 12-24/4.5-5.6II : 150-600mm|S
    {Tamron}; -> 17-50/2.8 : 28-75/2.8 : 70-200/2.8 : 300/2.8 SP MF : 24-70/2.8VC

{Yongnuo}; -> YN35/2N : YN50/1.8N

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...and then the hacking groups will find a way around that, then Adobe will work around that, then the hacking groups...so on and so forth. It won't end anything, except their dominance in the market place
    Last edited by ricktas; 23-06-2013 at 2:26pm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The whole anti hacking thing is a joke and a lame excuse by adobe. If they were serious about anti piracy they would employ a dongle/ physical key approach as used by serious design/ CAD programs and others. I am not aware of a workaround for those. My opinion is that it is all about the continuous income stream.
    Successful People Make Adjustments - Evander Holyfield

It's all about the Light!
    Tech Admin
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurking83 View Post
    I don't think that the rehacking process will be hard for the hackers to maintain in the short term, but at some point in the future Adobe will most likely find a way to stop them.
    Nope!! Crackers (the correct term for these people) will always find a way as long as the software executes locally on your machine.
    regards, Kym Gallery Honest & Direct Constructive Critique Appreciated! ©
    Digital & film, Bits of glass covering 10mm to 500mm, and other stuff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zollo View Post
    The whole anti hacking thing is a joke and a lame excuse by adobe. If they were serious about anti piracy they would employ a dongle/ physical key approach as used by serious design/ CAD programs and others. I am not aware of a workaround for those. My opinion is that it is all about the continuous income stream.
    There are workarounds for Pro Tools which used to employ the dongle key approach.
    Last edited by PhotoPaul; 23-06-2013 at 7:06pm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting topic. I have been so out of the action for soooo long. The cost of buying my own gear was bad enough , but the whole Adobe subscription thing is just a bummer. I'm going to miss CS thats for sure. Maybe later I'll be forced to subscribe, but for now I'm about to experiment with Capture One Pro for the camera/pic management , and for now my old copy of photoshop cs2 . Not happy like lots with Adobe so will hang off buying their product for as long as I can. I hope Adobe suffers.

Administrator
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by k8ez View Post
    Interesting topic. I have been so out of the action for soooo long. The cost of buying my own gear was bad enough , but the whole Adobe subscription thing is just a bummer. I'm going to miss CS thats for sure. Maybe later I'll be forced to subscribe, but for now I'm about to experiment with Capture One Pro for the camera/pic management , and for now my old copy of photoshop cs2 . Not happy like lots with Adobe so will hang off buying their product for as long as I can. I hope Adobe suffers.
    The issue with older versions of Photoshop is that Adobe stop updating them and thus newer camera's RAW files are not supported in the older version. Try opening a Canon 5D III or a Nikon D800 RAW file with CS2.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes , I know Rick but I'll be using Capture Pro 7 to get the raw . Express doesn't cost to much , pro7 is $300 . That take cares of the raw handling and some adjustments ( I dont know how well yet but I'm experimenting soonish ) and I'll use cs2 for layers and blending and stuff on the tiffs.
    Last edited by k8ez; 13-10-2013 at 2:07pm. Reason: alterating wrong word

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast