Thread: Course for professional photoshop editing

Site Rules Breach - Permanent Ban ginnykins's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Course for professional photoshop editing

Hi all,

Hoping to get your advice on some good courses please? Hopefully this is the right forum to use

I am looking to improve my Photoshop/Lightroom editing skills. I have a new photography business and have just entered the AIPP awards, receiving scores in the 70's (just missing out on a few silver awards!). I really would like to improve my knowledge of how to get my images up to that professional, competition standard. I am especially interested in lighting techniques and also HDR.

Can any of you recommend any good online courses, or local courses in the Sydney area for Photoshop/photo editing?

Thanks,
    Virginia.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome. As you are entering the AIPP awards, we have upgraded you from beginner to advanced level photographer as the AIPP awards are for professional photographers.

Now re learning. Go and get the Scott Kelby books on Photoshop and Lightroom and work through them. For under $50.00 you will learn more than you will in a workshop costing several $hundred..and you can work at your own pace.

PS, hope we get to see you on the forums a bit more regularly
    Last edited by ricktas; 06-05-2013 at 4:56pm.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What Rick said x2

The Kelby Training website is very good too. Well worth the subscription fee!
    Greg Bartle,
    I have a Pentax and I'm not afraid to use it.
    Pentax K5
    Sigma 10-20 | Tamron 17-50 F:2.8 | Sigma 50 F:1.4 | Sigma 70-200 F:2.8 Plus a bunch of Ye Olde lenses

Would you like to see more?
    http://flickr.com/photosbygreg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another one for the Kelby Training here...i got his book Light It, Shoot It, Retouch It for xmas and have been pretty impressed with some of the results im getting now.

Im planning on signing up with the website and getting some more of his books
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced