User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1

Thread: I'm back....haven't really gone away!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm back....haven't really gone away!

Hi all

I thought I would write a post on why I have been MIA for a while....instead of writing it coupled with an image. Keep them separate, I say!!

So, things have been quite all over the place of late....basically since the end of January.

In about a week I will be moving with my children. This may be permanent, it may not. Time will tell.

I am not moving far....30kms to a coastal town, one where my kids already attend a school (no more early school bus trips!). Ah, to be amongst town folk again....and to be able to walk to the shops! Bliss.

Just recently I have been able to get out and get some pics, and if you follow me on facebook, you would have seen them. I will put them up here during the week.

So, hopefully, I will be back in action and will be more active on here. I miss you all!
    Monika
    Equipment: Canon 60D, Nikon FE, Nikkor 50mm 1.8 lens, Fancier FT-662A tripod, 18-55mm kit lens, 55-250mm kit lens, 30mm 1.4 Sigma lens, LR4, PS Elements
    Check out my Flickr photos ... http://www.flickr.com/photos/missmonny/
    ... and then you can like me on www.facebook.com/PhotoByMB or see my shop on http://www.redbubble.com/people/msmonny

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Change can be good.
    All the best, no matter what happens.
    "Enjoy what you can do rather than being frustrated at what you can't." bobt
    Canon 80D, 60D, Canon 28-105, Sigma 150-600S.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    living on the coast is wonderful. Great environment for kids to grow up in. Looking forward to the increase in photos.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Regular Visitor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope all works out ok for you Monika as from the way I read your post I am going through pretty much the same thing atm.
    Regards
    Wayne

CC Always welcome as its a great way of Learning

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope the move works out well and I look forward to seeing more of your great shots.
    Cheers
    Keith.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone.....

Maybe, Wayne - I am going through a separation. Since Jan life has been pretty much all over the place.

Hopefully things will settle down nicely after the move.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Monika
    I am going through a separation
    Wondered that reading the opening post... How sad. But life must go on, as they say. That's twice today I have heard the same story. A friend from work parted with her husband last Jan as well.......

Keep the chin up. Hope things get better.
    Last edited by geoffsta; 06-05-2013 at 6:36pm.
    Geoff
    Honesty is best policy.
    CC is always welcome
    Nikon D3000 ... Nikon D90... Nikon D700 Various lenses, Home studio equipment and all the associated stuff
    Flickr

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Geoff. Yes, reading back on my post, I realised it didn't state much....maybe that is because it is still very raw. Time will tell. There is a lot going around, yes!

I really just wanted to say I don't like going MIA, but my mind hasn't been with photography, nor have I had the time. I try to be active on here, and know that once someone is inactive, they seem to be forgotten about. I am hoping I can be more pro-active in the near future!
    Last edited by Ms Monny; 06-05-2013 at 6:50pm.

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought the same Monika reading this and your MIA post. I went through the same many years ago, take your time things will turn around as life goes on.
    Cheers
    Keith.

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms Monny View Post
    I try to be active on here, and know that once someone is inactive, they seem to be forgotten about.
    Can't happen for you, Monika - missed you heaps while you were MIA. Keep your chin up. You never know how things will work out. My brother and his wife were separated for nearly 2 years and now they're inseparable. You'll know what's right for you when it comes decision time. My thoughts are with you and your kids.
    Waz
    Be who you are and say what you mean, because those who matter don't mind don't matter and those who mind don't matter - Dr. Seuss...
    D700 x 2 | Nikkor AF 50 f/1.8D | Nikkor AF 85 f/1.8D | Optex OPM2930 tripod/monopod | Enthusiasm ...

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Keith and Waz. Nice to know I was missed, too.

It is all very amicable at the moment, so hopefully things will pan out for the best....even if we remain close friends.

I have heard that many folk find living together isn't ideal and that they are better living in separate houses.....maybe thats the case with us??? Who knows.

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Monika, I've been missing your posts. Sorry to hear that life has been a bit of a struggle recently. Anyway, coastal 30km south of where you are is beautiful territory and I'm looking forward to photos when you are ready. I have friends who swear that the only reason their relationship lasts is because they live in separate spaces , who knows, maybe things will pan out well. Thanks for letting us know where you're at, cheers Deb

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Deb.

I am looking forward to having a different scenery to photograph!