User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  6

Thread: Use Firefox? : Spyware company caught out using the Mozilla branding

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Use Firefox? : Spyware company caught out using the Mozilla branding

A spyware company has been caught out using the Mozilla Firefox branding to hide its software on people's computers

http://blog.mozilla.org/blog/2013/04...ware-provider/
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've used Firefox for a long time and after having Flash player crash on me several times recently when browsing often wonder if there's something hiding; attached to Firefox that's causing the problems..

It's 99% unlikely but you never know what might just sneak in possibly because you missed unticking a box that allowed another program to install along with any legitimate software and not just a Firefox install...
    Canon EOS 7D Mk II, Canon 70D, Canon G12, Canon EF-S 15-85mm, EF 70-200 L f4 IS, 580EX II

Administrator
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by flashc View Post
    I've used Firefox for a long time and after having Flash player crash on me several times recently when browsing often wonder if there's something hiding; attached to Firefox that's causing the problems..

It's 99% unlikely but you never know what might just sneak in possibly because you missed unticking a box that allowed another program to install along with any legitimate software and not just a Firefox install...
    The flash issue has been an ongoing one and not FF fault.

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by flashc View Post
    Like Rick said, not FF fault. I've had to go back to an earlier version of flash to stop it crashing all the time. Can't believe Adobe hasn't fixed their problem.
    This may (or may not) help ...... https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb...all-flash-10-3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark L View Post
    Like Rick said, not FF fault. I've had to go back to an earlier version of flash to stop it crashing all the time. Can't believe Adobe hasn't fixed their problem.
    This may (or may not) help ...... https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb...all-flash-10-3
    Thanks for the link... Adobe installer won't work for me for some reason - it did previously. I had reinstalled an earlier version to fix the problem but in a moment of madness, I let Adobe do an update to a later version... Now the flash player crashes at random and the very latest installer/version refuses to install on my Vista machine... I'll reinstall version 10.3...

Administrator
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark L View Post
    Abobe probably to busy trying to work out how to make flash work in the cloud and charge us $1.99 a month to use it.