Thread: HELP desperately needed

A. P's Culinary Indiscriminant
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MissionMan View Post
    Clean my Mac 2 is one tool (requires purchase). There was a recent review on Mactalk about it.

Main Menu is another one I've used in the past (they have two versions at different prices)

Onyx is free if you want something you don't have to pay for and it does a lot of what the others do.

Unfortunately you just missed a macheist 10 apps for $9 special that incorporated clean my mac and a couple of other apps but if you're not in a rush to buy it, keep an eye out for discounted pricing which always happens on these kinds of sites. The other site that runs specials is macupdate.com. They have one app on special every day (50%-80% off) and every 6 months or so they run a major promo which includes 10-15 apps at about a 90% discount. Generally there is one major app (like Parallels) and a lot of smaller lesser know apps so I tend to keep an eye on them and if I want one of the apps, it's worth buying just for that.

Extra thanks for your kind advice and help MissionMan. Mongo will look these up tonight and save in a way he can look in on what's going from time to time. $9 seems pretty optimistic - Mongo is content to pay a reason sum for a good program. Who knows, such a thing may well come up on special anyway.

thanks and regards
    Nikon and Pentax user

Account Closed at member's request
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mongo View Post
    Extra thanks for your kind advice and help MissionMan. Mongo will look these up tonight and save in a way he can look in on what's going from time to time. $9 seems pretty optimistic - Mongo is content to pay a reason sum for a good program. Who knows, such a thing may well come up on special anyway.

thanks and regards
    The macheist $9 package is generally done in the name of charity so $1 goes to charity and the rest to the software developers. I think they raised $30K for charity but most of the packages are actually really decent and normally retail individually for about $15-$40 each. As an example, the recent one include

Pathfinder
    Clean my Mac2
    Fantastical
    iClarify
    Totals
    Air Server
    iStopMotion
    Little Inferno
    xScope

I already owned Pathfinder (so I have a free license if you want it, it's a windows explorer like replacement for the standard finder in OSX), and my main reason for purchasing the latest one was fantastical ($20 normally) so I got fantastical for half the price and getting clean my mac was a bonus because I'd used the previous version and this version retails for $40.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12