User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Heading off to Maroonda Dam.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heading off to Maroonda Dam.

If anyone can help me with some basics with shooting on and around water, reflections, ripples on water etc. At the moment the weather is going to be overcast. Anyone have any ideas or tips to help me out to being back some great photos.

A royal pain in the bum! arthurking83's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Moved the thread to a less inappropriate area.
    The business section is literally for the business end of the spectrum.

Your question is more about general photography help.

Subject matter is critical in overcast conditions. Make sure you have an idea of what it is you want to achieve, otherwise general landscapey type images will look flat and uninteresting in overcast conditions.
    Very little colour and intricate light qualities result from drab grey skies.
    These images can be good to process as monochrome types ... takes some intricate processing to produce something special tho.
    If the sun peeks through broken sections of cloud, you can get great light quality .. so try to predict these instances as they develop.

General tips on ripples/reflections and water is to look around and find interesting aspects of them all.
    If reflections are not desirable, then a polariser filter is handy to have.

The way I'm reading the weather forecasts fro Melbourne is that the next three or so day may produe some good weather for general landscape images. Broken cloud cover is just about ideal for such trips.
    Last edited by arthurking83; 18-04-2013 at 1:30pm.
    Nikon D800E, D300, D70s
    {Nikon}; -> 50/1.2 : 500/8 : 105/2.8VR Micro : 180/2.8 ais : 105mm f/1.8 ais : 24mm/2 ais
    {Sigma}; ->10-20/4-5.6 : 50/1.4 : 12-24/4.5-5.6II : 150-600mm|S
    {Tamron}; -> 17-50/2.8 : 28-75/2.8 : 70-200/2.8 : 300/2.8 SP MF : 24-70/2.8VC

{Yongnuo}; -> YN35/2N : YN50/1.8N

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank ypu for the tip. Being Melbourne weather it ended up fine on the day verses forecast. Will post some photos of the day when I get some more time.