I bought a new Nokia Lumia 920 Windows phone updating from a previous Windows phone, an HTC HD7.

OK. Last night, I manually copied all of my contacts, one by one, to my new phone simply because I could not sync both phones together to update it automatically via Bluetooth or any other means, they just would not recognise each other via Bluetooth (wonders of modern technology - NOT). Also, my previous HTC HD7 phone was having issues on my computer and wouldn't be recognised by it and therefore I could not back up my contacts to the computer, therefore necessitating me to transfer my contacts across manually from the old phone. No big deal, all done in about an hour and all saved and it gave me a chance to weed out those I don't use anymore.

My wife needed an upgraded phone, so my HTC HD7 went to her to use but she needed a different SIM card and so, I went to Telstra and got a new SIM card so as she could use the new phone. After that, I deleted many of the contacts that were on the HTC HD7 as she would not need them and left those that we would both have, like family members, emergency contacts, Message Bank, Call Connect, etc.

Now, here's the kicker. I then looked at my new phone and I now have the same contact list as what I had left on my old phone after deleting the redundant contacts, ie all of the ones I deleted on the old phone are now deleted on my new phone list!!! We have exactly the same phone contacts on each phone. I have not connected the phone together in any way, the Bluetooth is turned off on the old phone so there is no way they could have synced, I have not connected the old phone to the computer, so there is no way that the old phone's list could have been transferred to the new phone via the computer or any other means.

Can anyone explain this??? It is bizarre to say the least.