Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1

Thread: Dawn Service - Canberra 2013

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dawn Service - Canberra 2013

A few from this morning.
    Flash photography seems a bit crass for such an event, and there's no room for using a tripod, so these are at a stupidly high 12,600 ISO. And with the size of the crowds, they're also from quite a distance, so not really up to scratch for the CC areas.

This year the Australian War Memorial put up images from all conflicts (including recent ones) on the walls, while various people read out letters home from soldiers.
    Incredibly moving. More so than any one I've ever been to.

Canon EOS 60D ..... EFS 18-200mm f/3.5 - 5.6 IS - 430 EXII Speedlite - "eBay special" Remote Control Unit - Manfrotto 190XPROB w 804RC2 head.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice series Ezookiel
    I took my boys to their first dawn service this morning at the local memorial. Was a wonderful turnout and nice to see many youngsters there.
    I ended up deciding on leaving the camera in the car today.

Lest we forget.

Still in the Circle of Confusion Cage's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A very poignant set, particularly the last one.

I feel any effect from the high ISO has added to, rather than diminished, the overall result
    Cheers
    Kev

Nikon D810: D600 (Astro Modded): D7200 and 'stuff', lots of 'stuff'

Site Rules Breach - Permanent Ban
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lest We Forget

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a bit of fakery ... I joined those two shots to try and make one pano. The shots were taken at different times, so it's not truly accurate, as those two images/places weren't displayed at the same time together like this.

Dawn Service 2013_10s by Ezookiel, on Flickr
    Last edited by Ezookiel; 25-04-2013 at 6:37pm.

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezookiel View Post
    Here's a bit of fakery ... I joined those two shots to try and make one pano. The shots were taken at different times, so it's not truly accurate, as those two images/places weren't displayed at the same time together like this.
    And that's where you lost the plot. My family doesn't 'celebrate' Anzac Day, but at the same time, I don't believe in meddling with stuff that's important to people. It's not respectful to choose to mess around with those sorts of images just because you can. And then you choose to publish them There are some things that should be respected and let be. Those images are more than 'photos', they represent not just the individual portrayed in each of those conflicts, but their families, descendants and comrades - they are not the sort of thing that should be turned into an amateur photographer's 'pano' attempt for the day. Sorry if you find my attitude harsh.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those images were put up on the war memorial by projectors. It wasn't me that put them in my image.
    All I did was took two photos of the memorial while they were up, one of the left half of the memorial, and one of the right half, but couldn't from where I was get the whole memorial because of the crowds, so later joined them to create a whole memorial. I'd never play around with someone's war time photos, those were put up there by the organisers of the day who had them projected onto the war memorial along with masses of others, and many of them their stories were read out during the presentation.
    I'm not sure how two individual photos is ok, but one joined one isn't, but I apologise if that has upset you.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice series Ezookiel.

Mathy, I respect your right to an opinion, mine is different. I do not think this artwork is disrespectful.