And it's about bloody time too!

Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 for APS-C

One of the biggest issues with APS-C was that it promised smaller or faster lens designs.
Well at least someone has taken the initiative and provided one of those advantages.

Not sure why they started at this focal length tho .. I would have thought that something a bit longer, in the 24-50 range would have been more appropriate to begin with.

As I suspected they would .. the thirdparty manufacturers would innovate in this area, just like they seem to be doing with lens designs in general. The big two are rehashing old design types with very little or no innovative concepts.

Although it must be said that Olympus has had f/2 zoom lenses for a long time now .. technically they're not quite as innovative as they could have been! The 4/3rds system is even smaller than APS-C so an f/2 zoom lens on 4/3rds is not quite as challenging as an f/1.8 lens on APS-C.

I've finally migrated to the larger 35mm format, so it's come a bit too late for me, but I'm still hoping this one is a great design and produces some good empirical data.