Thread: Sydney Vivid Lights - Saturday 25 May 2013, 6pm

I am older than I look.
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ktoopi View Post
    I'm going to try and make the chair as well. Anyone give me an idea of how long it would take to walk there from the Opera house?
    Through the Botanic Gardens, 15 to 20 minutes.

The Botanic Gardens closes at 5:30 so the return trip will be through the Domain.
    Cheers

PeterB666

Olympus Pen F with Metabones Speed Booster and Laowa 12mm f/2.8 or Voigtlander 10.5mm f/0.95 or Nikon D800 with the Laowa 12mm f/2.8. The need to keep in touch with the past is a Nikon Photomic FTn or Nikon F2A and a Nikkor 25-50mm f/4 AI

D750 Shines
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Late scratching always a next time

Nikon D750,D500,Z6,Coolpix P7700
    Nikkor 300mm f/4E PF ED VR, Nikkor 16-35mm f/4 VR, Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8, Tokina 100mm f/2.8, Tamron 60mm f/2 , Tamron SP 24-70mm f2.8 VC Di, Nikon Z 24-70mm f/4
    FTZ adapator
    Sigma 50mm f/1.4 Art

Site Rules Breach - Permanent Ban
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was fun.

Alas I had to call it a night early. Too cold.

Update - for those interested:
    The bridge: Wasn't "glowing" on the east side. That's because it is tonight when that side starts working - heard on radio and a bit read in.

So I guess that is why it wasn't glowing/working last night. Drats.

Nellie also mentioned that next weekend there will be some great Dr Who pictures shown on Customs house, so for all those who like "The doctor", you may want to get there next week end (or the week end of 1, 2 June)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a good night too, it was good to meet those that turned up and put faces to a names.

I got a couple of shots from the western side of the bridge when I got off the ferry but I havent got anything downloaded yet.

Must say that whilst I enjoyed the night and was happy to watch the moving projections, I was a bit disappointed that there wasnt as many small, static displays as there has been in previous years... Maybe they are all across at Darling Harbour... Im feeling the need to go and find out

Jon

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Peter and all of the Other AP'ers who braved vivid last night, I was out there and I was looking forward to catching up with a number of APers but it's so hard there were just too many people with cameras. Met a few instructors and people taking classes out there. Overall I felt that the quality this year is better than last year but I also thought there was not as much. I did not get to Darling Harbour I am planning to do that next weekend. I hope all of you had a great night. I did.

Kind Regards
    Livio

I am older than I look.
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Livio

Didn't know you were coming. It was difficult to find and keep with anyone and even in the smallish group we had, getting from No2 wharf to the rocks wasn't fun.

I certainly agree that the lights were better for photography but with very few static scenes, also hard to photograph. High ISO and large apertures the name of the game. The P&O boat was a bit annoying blocking our favoured vantage point.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by livio View Post
    Hi Peter and all of the Other AP'ers who braved vivid last night, I was out there and I was looking forward to catching up with a number of APers but it's so hard there were just too many people with cameras. Met a few instructors and people taking classes out there. Overall I felt that the quality this year is better than last year but I also thought there was not as much. I did not get to Darling Harbour I am planning to do that next weekend. I hope all of you had a great night. I did.

Kind Regards
    Livio
    Livio - if we had known you were coming we would have waited around for you at one of our two meeting points. We always post a yes or no post in our Meet Threads if we are attending so we know who to expect at the meet. Sorry we missed you!
    CAMERA: Nikon D800, Nikon D7000
    LENSES: AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8, Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Macro, Sigma 10 - 20mm F/4 - 5.6, Sigma 150 - 500mm F/5 - 6.3 APO DG OS, Nikkor 18 - 200mm F/3.5 - 5.6 VRII,
    Sigma 70 - 200mm f/2.8 APO EX DG OS, Tamron SP 24 - 70mm f/2.8 Di VC USD, Sigma 85mm F/1.4 EX DG, Nikkor AF-S 16-35mm F/4 ED VR, Nikkor AF-S 200-500 f/5..6E ED VR
    MY WEBSITES: www.nawimages.com, http://nelliewajzerphotography.smugmug.com/, http://NellieWajzerPhotography.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Peter and Narelle, thanks for your replies, I didn't let anyone know I was going to be there just in case I didn't make it. I tried last year and got to observatory hill a little late. Again I said I would be there for some light painting at Clifton gardens and I was not able to get there. So this time I thought if I can catch up and I am looking forwards to catching up with the active Sydney APers. Next time I will answer the thread for a meet up and I will get there early, or at least give myself plenty of time to get there. When you have a big family things change quickly so I'll be looking forwards to seeing some of the posts arising from Vivid 2013. I'll also be trying to guess from where the shots were taken.

Kind Regards
    Livio

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234