User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  19
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Road Rage? - In your dreams, mate!

Account Closed at member's request
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This isn't road rage but it is one of the worst I've seen. Fortunately a member of the public has a dash cam, catches it all on camera and chases her down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ex6dHzcgOE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ameerat42 View Post
    Rats! Rattus. I was alternately nodding and shaking my head in belief/disbelief. Now my neck hurts.
    But howdger know it was an UPC? I mean, was he in uniform? Maybe just going home, and happily breaking the law.
    Am?
    No Uniform, You tell by the strobes that are mounted in the rear window and front. They also (generally) have a custom dashboard that has an insert for them to put their you've been a bad boy laptops too.
    Greg Bartle,
    I have a Pentax and I'm not afraid to use it.
    Pentax K5
    Sigma 10-20 | Tamron 17-50 F:2.8 | Sigma 50 F:1.4 | Sigma 70-200 F:2.8 Plus a bunch of Ye Olde lenses

Would you like to see more?
    http://flickr.com/photosbygreg

Ausphotography Regular Geoff Port's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They can do that Rattus, they are specially trained. I'm the D/C of my towns Fire Rescue Brigade and attend our Local Emergency Management Committee meetings as the FRNSW rep. Recently the Police area Commander attending our meeting was asked to arrange for police cars travelling to an emergency to slow to a more reasonable speed when driving through our town. They travel at speeds well in excess of 120kph and would have no hope of stopping or avoidance if a child ran onto the road or an elderly citizen (or anyone for that matter) were to back out of a parking spot . His answer was that police drivers are specially trained in high speed driving techniques and are quite capable of driving through a towns main street at high speed. WHAT a WALLY!!
    The very next meeting he told us that police drivers were specially trained to use the onboard computer while driving. Apparently, here in NSW we have supermen for police officers. Sometimes I wonder.
    Oh yeah. AM, can you send me a private message with the name of the medication you're taking? With a change of venue and participants these dreams could get real interesting.
    Geoff P
    Geoff Portbury owns,

EOS 60D and a couple of lenses.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathy View Post
    with dual 'burbling' exhausts (clearly audible over the music I was playing), which is ok, we all have our interests in life.
    hahaha now THAT is a story!! oh, don't worry about the loud exhausts... I just installed a nice 12" subwoofer in the boot i like my bass
    I guess it's a good and bad thing that there are reckless drivers for new ones, kinda makes you learn how to avoid accidents.. but of course it will always be better not to have such cases.
    but hey, can't control everyone! I get hyped easily haha, one little tick and think you may want to avoid listening to me like pulling up in front of me without a blinker and without saying thank you.. that's just asking for a tailgate

- - - Updated - - -

You hit the nail on the head here, Andrew. YOU'VE got to do the right thing. That way you know at least it is being done. If others do it too, it's a bonus.
    And I've been driving for )(*&^%$&%*^ years, so imagine how much extra ticking off I've enjoyed
    Am.

PS: Gee, Mathy, I didn't get to your post until I had posted this reply to A. Yours is a sordid tale indeed! And to think such hoons get paid to annoy ordinary dudes and pass it off as a public service! The sad thing is you're lucky he didn't book you for "something". Maybe his role kicked in just in time.
    Indeed, sometimes hard to keep the steam in haha but just gotta remain calm and sensible. Just last night not long after i posted what i said before..... unluckily got involved in an accident with some crazy guy. Here is how it unraveled Me driving along in the middle lane, car on right lane pulls up next to me.. (some hoon [i know one when i see one ]) THEN decides to change lane without looking, without a DAMN BLINKER and scrapes the side of my Toyota (mum shouting and all) He starts to slow down and so do I hoping we'll talk and exchange money or whatever. Instead, he rushes out the door, comes to the other side and gives my car a good kick on the door panel. Then speeds off. (got his number plate to the police luckily) was I steaming? $%^& yes I was!!! not only did i end up with a nice big scratch but a nice dent on my left door. Good times... quote of $850.

I can't seem to resize this thing.... photobucket says its 300x300..

Crying.
    Last edited by andrewvid; 19-04-2013 at 7:25pm.
    Life is short, Keep snapping!
    CC always welcome
    Nikon D5100 | Nikon D7100 | Bits and pieces. | Some glass here and there.

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Port View Post
    ...Oh yeah. AM, can you send me a private message with the name of the medication you're taking? With a change of venue and participants these dreams could get real interesting.
    Geoff P...
    Geoff, as has been cited elsewhere, I am apparently growing my own magic mushrooms. (I think the scientific name is Fungi abracadabrae.)
    m.
    CC, Image editing OK.

Still in the Circle of Confusion Cage's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Geoff, as has been cited elsewhere, I am apparently growing my own magic mushrooms. (I think the scientific name is Fungi abracadabrae.)
    m.
    I don't believe there was any allusion to self-cultivation, more like indiscriminate natural harvesting.
    Cheers
    Kev

Nikon D810: D600 (Astro Modded): D7200 and 'stuff', lots of 'stuff'

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ah, the things that come from dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Port View Post
    ..... Recently the Police area Commander attending our meeting was asked to arrange for police cars travelling to an emergency to slow to a more reasonable speed when driving through our town. They travel at speeds well in excess of 120kph and would have no hope of stopping or avoidance if a child ran onto the road or an elderly citizen (or anyone for that matter) were to back out of a parking spot . His answer was that police drivers are specially trained in high speed driving techniques and are quite capable of driving through a towns main street at high speed. WHAT a WALLY!!
    FWIW, think you'll find no emergency service vehicle under lights and siren can legally exceed the speed limit. The only exception is a Police pursuit, and then they have to ask for approval to do so via their radio.
    They are exempt from laws covering mobile phones and driving.
    Of course I've been known to be totally wrong before!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I often wonder how the police, and taxi drivers for that matter, can be allowed to drive and operate their computer equipment at the same time. Us mere mortals are not allowed to even press a button on our phones without the risk of a heavy fine, yet the officers and taxi drivers can be seen punching in stuff into the computer as they drive along.

I have even seen a female police officer, in a fully equipped police car driving through the carpark at the local McDonalds whilst using her mobile phone!!!! Wonder how that would have stood up in court if she had speedhumped a little kiddie???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Police using mobile phones is nothing really.

True story:

I was once in the back seat of a marked police sedan with 7 other occupants doing in excess of 160km/h with an office behind the wheel.
    Luckily enough we were all dead at the time. (true story I have the toe tags to prove it!)

I guess I should admit
    it was on the runway of Ballina airport and it was a training excessive for a crashed air plane, but it's still a true story! I got on the news and all!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rattus79 View Post
    it was on the runway of Ballina airport and it was a training excessive for a crashed air plane, but it's still a true story! I got on the news and all!
    well, if it were a real case, i'd happily be in the car than the pilot of the plane ..even though I plan to become one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feel free to come and vent here... LOL!! https://www.facebook.com/IdiotDriversOfAustralia?ref=hl

I was getting sick and tired of red and green P platers cutting me off or tailing me too close, more P's than not.... so I decided to start a page.

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FNQ?
    It's not only P-platers...
    A 2ple of times a year I drive to Bris. There are TWO really STUPID sections for traffic:
    1. Wahroonga to the hill at Moonee Moonee - both directions, and
    2. M1 from about Tweed Heads to the Beenleigh turnoff (where I turn off).

It's not only P-platers that carry on like pork chops. At 2 especially, where the speed limit is 110Kph, people sometimes reach that - slowing down!

m.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12