User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  19
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Road Rage? - In your dreams, mate!

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Road Rage? - In your dreams, mate!

How often do we feel even a slight tendency to indulge in this modern trend of letting off steam?

I must own that I did this very morning - And unlike the title suggests, I didn't just call out a mild rebuke to the other driver! (More)

There I was at the intersection, waiting for the lights to turn green.
    They did! But I didn't dare turn into the street. I was too busy watching this UTTER IDGIT (from Father Ted) that was revving like mad and flying through
    the RED LIGHTS in front of me.

Well, did I BOIL!! (And I'm not asking!)
    Of course, I yelled a fair stream of vitriol at the GOON, and decided to BLAST him with the horn and maybe even a few verbal examples of my ire - when I got level with him.
    Yes, as usual, he had to stop at the next lights just down the road. All that haste for nothing!!!

Well, I was just behind him in the next lane and I had the window down and ready. I wondered if he'd WANNA FIGHT, as the lights were still red.

I never found out, because at that moment the radio came on in the car, and I was annoyed at it because I HAD NOT switched it on.
    With my attention switched to dealing with the radio - how could the driver hear me if the radio was going? - I looked back out the window and
    UNBELIEVABLY, the other driver BEGAN TO DISSOLVE right there next to me!!

And then I continued to WAKE UP with the RADIO FULLY ON!

Am(FM).
    CC, Image editing OK.

Still in the Circle of Confusion Cage's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    am, I think you should start buying your mushrooms from the shop instead of picking them yourself.
    Cheers
    Kev

Nikon D810: D600 (Astro Modded): D7200 and 'stuff', lots of 'stuff'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lucky escape Am, he may have been a big burly tough guy, and you could have been seriously hurt - by falling out of bed

I just wish my dreams were that tame! Thanks for the smiles.

Di
    D300s and D60. Nikkor 35mm 1.8 & 50mm 1.8, 18-55mm & 55-200mm; Sigma 10-20 F4-5.6; Tamron 90mm, Elements 8
    ...........................................................................................C&C is always welcome......................................................................

Site Rules Breach - Permanent Ban
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the best road rage footage that I've ever seen -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYm9vCPLoG4
    Last edited by Bear Dale; 18-04-2013 at 10:46am.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=JimD;1137287]This is the best road rage footage that I've ever seen -

OMG, that's horrendous. What an absolute mental case...the guy in the ute should be disqualified from driving for ever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=leanneqld;1137312]
    Quote Originally Posted by JimD View Post
    This is the best road rage footage that I've ever seen -

OMG, that's horrendous. What an absolute mental case...the guy in the ute should be disqualified from driving for ever.
    It's some mind blowing footage isn't it?

The ute driver deserved some serious gaol time!

A royal pain in the bum! arthurking83's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimD View Post

The ute driver deserved some serious gaol time!
    Death penalty isn't enough for this loser!

You blow your lid, release a few expletives and get on with your life ... To carry on like the way this idiot did, seems to indicate that there is little hope for him in a properly balanced society. We simply don't need these types.

Am ... you sure you don't drive a black ute!
    Nikon D800E, D300, D70s
    {Nikon}; -> 50/1.2 : 500/8 : 105/2.8VR Micro : 180/2.8 ais : 105mm f/1.8 ais : 24mm/2 ais
    {Sigma}; ->10-20/4-5.6 : 50/1.4 : 12-24/4.5-5.6II : 150-600mm|S
    {Tamron}; -> 17-50/2.8 : 28-75/2.8 : 70-200/2.8 : 300/2.8 SP MF : 24-70/2.8VC

{Yongnuo}; -> YN35/2N : YN50/1.8N

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How frustrating was the 000 lady?

Still in the Circle of Confusion Cage's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What an absolute lunatic.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unbelievable! I'll bet that guy wishes he was dreaming too.
    Steve

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The guy in the black 4x4 ute was absolutely intent on killing that guy.

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The "bad" guy went to give himself up to the police the next day. (I think he went with his mother???) He was still pretty tetchy...
    Am.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You tend to notice it more when you ride a motorcycle too.

I had a guy cut straight through a give way sign, across 2 lanes of traffic that was doing 80 km/h and proceed to chug along with no thought to the fact that I was there in the right hand lane with my front brakes working overtime to stop from hitting this idiot! I looked down and saw my speedo bottom out at 30km/h and before he hit the next set of lights maxed out at 45km/h

You can understand me yelling to him at the lights that "Kellogs had called, and that they wanted their license back!"

Next thing you know he's outa the car and threatening to punch me out. Come on, mate, Grow up, a) I'm in full armored leathers, Have Carbon fibre knuckles on and a full face helmet. Do you think you scare me 1 little bit?

I told him to grow up, get back in his car of I would defend myself. (I do have a Blue belt in Tae Kwon Do)

It was at about this point that the Police officer in the unmarked car 2 lanes over (yes, I knew he was there) yelled at him to get his arse back in his car or he'd "Have him"

Funny he wouldn't make eye contact with me for the remainder of the duration of the lights ...

I couldn't help but throw a final barb - "Yep, that shut you up didn't it mate?" - Still wouldn't look at me.

Moral to the story:
    a) Don't piss of Motorcyclists. We're Cluey blokes who pay attention to what's going on around us more then the average driver out of necessity.

b) Look out, and pay attention for motorcyclists.

c) follow the road rules - If there is a give way sign, chances are it's there for a reason!

d) Sometimes, there is a Police officer there when you actually need one!
    Greg Bartle,
    I have a Pentax and I'm not afraid to use it.
    Pentax K5
    Sigma 10-20 | Tamron 17-50 F:2.8 | Sigma 50 F:1.4 | Sigma 70-200 F:2.8 Plus a bunch of Ye Olde lenses

Would you like to see more?
    http://flickr.com/photosbygreg

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greg. Don't forget, this was a dream for me. For you, unfortunately, it was a NIGHTMARE!
    Car drivers, motorcyclists, pedestrians - everybody cops it! Everybody sees it happening all the time.
    Car drivers, motorcyclists, pedestrians - everybody does it! - Dishes it out to others, that is.

I will not agree wholeheartedly with you that (ALL) motorcyclists are cluey. Some certainly are not.
    They are like every other class of person.

So, what can you do? Even dreaming can be fraught!!!
    Am.
    Last edited by ameerat42; 18-04-2013 at 8:34pm.

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Jeez M mmm
    You need to drive around in the gear Greg's got or move back to Mudgee and wonder what traffic lights are.
    In your dreams.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fair enough though, some people just need to learn to obey the rules that were set for an obvious reason. Simple things like BLINKERS that are purposely put in cars for a REASON is the thing that ticks me off. I only just got my L's 4 months ago now.. But blimey some people who are reckless drivers pulling only about a meter in front of you without a blinker... makes me go off! ..in my head most times
    Last edited by andrewvid; 19-04-2013 at 12:26am.
    Life is short, Keep snapping!
    CC always welcome
    Nikon D5100 | Nikon D7100 | Bits and pieces. | Some glass here and there.

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well Andrew, something happened to me tonight that's going to disappoint you even further. I'm driving home from work at 11.15pm, and I'm behind a newish station wagon with dual 'burbling' exhausts (clearly audible over the music I was playing), which is ok, we all have our interests in life. We make a right hand turn at a set of traffic lights. I've just followed this dude around the corner and I'm changing into second gear (meaning I'm accelerating - not hooning mind you), when the car in front brakes suddenly and drops a u-turn without signalling - this is less than 50 metres around the corner! I hit the brakes and the horn at the same time, and really did what AM dreamt she'd do, and called him a 'effing idiot' - very loudly. I continued on, shaking because he'd frightened the living daylights out of me. Next thing, I've got red and blue flashing lights behind me - it was an unmarked POLICE car. So, I dutifully drove on and found the safest place to pull over, pushed the 'up' button on my driver's side window until there remained a 2" gap, and waited to hear what the police officer wanted. He asks me if I have my driver's license, to which I replied 'Yes, sure'. Then I said, "You gave me a hell of a fright, doing what you did, dropping an illegal u-turn, without indicating" - meanwhile trying to find my DL.

Conversation:
    P.O.: "You must have frightened yourself using the horn like that" - subtext "You're kidding, right?"
    followed by
    P.O.: "If we're called to a job, we have to go" - subtext - "We can endanger innocent motorists lives" - REALLY?

P.O.: "is the car registered in your name" - subtext - "Do 56yo women, wearing a Bunnings uniform REALLY look like car thieves?"

ME: "yes of course it is, but I did have a number plate stolen a little while ago, and I did report it, and YES, this is my car" - FINALLY, I find my DL and give it to him.

Police Officer wanders off and checks my license and rego on the police computer. Comes back, says, "That's all, a random check".
    He didn't like me using my 'Warning Device', I drive a Citroen C4, and it has a VERY loud 'Warning Device' , like all good European cars . He had an issue with me using it. And, he probably wasn't impressed by being called an 'effing idiot' (which he deserved) and having decided to hassle me, was bit non plussed to be faced with a clean living, harmless 56yo female, who works for a very popular hardware store and has an unblemished driving record.

I've had a motorcycle license for longer than I've had a car license, in fact, I only stopped riding a bike 4 years ago. So, I'm a good defensive driver (because I'm still alive), and as a motor cyclist I'm used to hitting the 'Warning Device' when people in cars do dumb things that might kill me, because a motorcyclist has to use everything at their disposal to stay alive. I do the same thing when driving a car, even though, technically it is illegal.

So Andrew, I feel very sad for young people who are new drivers in this extremely rude, chaotic environment that exists on the roads now. I can only suggest that you be the best driver that you can be. A good tactic is to assume that absolutely every person on the road is going to try and kill you, read up on defensive driving skills, practise them and if you can afford it, go and do an advanced driving course where they instruct you on how to actually drive a car properly, as opposed to meandering around in it like a lost soul, cheers Deb

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewvid View Post
    Fair enough though, some people just need to learn to obey the rules that were set for an obvious reason. Simple things like BLINKERS that are purposely put in cars for a REASON is the thing that ticks me off. I only just got my L's 4 months ago now.. But blimey some people who are reckless drivers pulling only about a meter in front of you without a blinker... makes me go off! ..in my head most times
    You hit the nail on the head here, Andrew. YOU'VE got to do the right thing. That way you know at least it is being done. If others do it too, it's a bonus.
    And I've been driving for )(*&^%$&%*^ years, so imagine how much extra ticking off I've enjoyed
    Am.

PS: Gee, Mathy, I didn't get to your post until I had posted this reply to A. Yours is a sordid tale indeed! And to think such hoons get paid to annoy ordinary dudes and pass it off as a public service! The sad thing is you're lucky he didn't book you for "something". Maybe his role kicked in just in time.
    Last edited by ameerat42; 19-04-2013 at 9:22am.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was watching an unmarked cop car on the Hwy the other day, He was driving along at 110 (it was a 110 zone) and happily chatting away on his mobile phone. No car kit, nope, doing it the old fashioned way.

I really wanted to take some video footage, but I was too afraid that by touching my mobile phone I would get distracted and completely forget how to drive and crash into a barrier.

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rats! Rattus. I was alternately nodding and shaking my head in belief/disbelief. Now my neck hurts.
    But howdger know it was an UPC? I mean, was he in uniform? Maybe just going home, and happily breaking the law.
    Am?
    Last edited by ameerat42; 19-04-2013 at 10:14am.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast