Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  6
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reliable grey market sellers

Account Closed at member's request
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is a good example of it underhanded bagging. When you look at the thread, look at the number of posts per user:

http://www.mactalk.com.au/20/75252-d...iness-dwi.html

3 posters posting negative feedback about DWI, all first time posters (one with two posts, the other post surprisingly enough also bagging out DWI). The positive posts are all from users who have a higher post count. It's pretty sad that people resort to these sort of tactics.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ive used DigitalRev for most of my gear...mostly im pretty easy to make happy, send me the goods i asked for in close to the time you said you would and in good condition and ill be sweet.

However...in 2010 when i got my D7000 from DigitalRev they were great, items were shipped using Aramax and then Toll so it was not uncommon to be getting things within 3 days of the order (i once ordered something in the morning on friday and had it by monday), around the beginning of 2012 they dropped aramex and went with DHL and their fright times started to slide. Being a loyal customer with no previous issues i kept purchasing from them (i have a polish SB910 that i got from DigitalRev...) Then...early this year when my D4 turned up and i wanted some bits for it i placed the order with no issues and no warnings, got the usual 5 day delevery time and waited...and waited...and waited. By the time it was 2 days past delevery date i started asking questions and found this part of DigitalRev to be really really bad. First off i kept getting it will be send tomorrow, then i got we are short staffed...then i was reminded that the chinese new year celebrations last a week in hong kong and thats why its not been shipped. Ill admit i did not think about this and prob should have but it was enough for me to ask they cancel the order and refund the money.

I then went to B&H who were great, clearly said they would not be shipping for 1 more day, had what i wanted in stock and were actually cheaper then DR even with freight...the only down side ive seen with them is freight can be slow to leave their warehouse and they wont ship some items overseas. Other then that they were great.
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced