User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  16

View Poll Results: Do you think the current tensions in Korea will escalate into a war?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, just rhetoric and then Kim will ask for aid to dismantle his nukes

15 71.43%
  • Yes, I think it will turn into a shooting war

6 28.57%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kim Jong-Un and North Korea

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    mmm, this seems to be about the relationship between N.K. and China.
    Seems like it's calming down. Not that that will stop some shaking spears and spending more defence $$$$s. And I'm struggling to afford an UWA lens and flash!
    Go and take more photos (and post them on AP for CC), before it's to late.
    Or have a cup of tea and calm down.

A. P's Culinary Indiscriminant
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not wishing to make light of a potentially serious but utterly idiotic situation, it is nothing a decent haircut on this character couldn't fix.

On what planet and in what time does North Korea exist ??
    Nikon and Pentax user

It's all about the Light!
    Tech Admin
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Consider that Psy had a concert to launch his new single last night -- I don't think SK is taking NK seriously.

Or... Maybe... Psy is a secret weapon to get inside Kim Jong Un's head?

regards, Kym Gallery Honest & Direct Constructive Critique Appreciated! ©
    Digital & film, Bits of glass covering 10mm to 500mm, and other stuff

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mongo View Post
    ...On what planet and in what time does North Korea exist ??...
    Haven't you heard? It has just proven the case for a perpendicular universe.
    CC, Image editing OK.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark L View Post
    And that's why they won't!
    True. Oil is black gold. Some US citizens are no better off than many NKs & fed just as much bull shit. The US is propped up by affluent states to maintain world economic stability just as Europe is propping up member countries & the US propped up its financial institutions & corporate giants. A country that relies so heavily on debt is not a smart country as we saw with the GFC & Americam insecurity is reflected in their gun laws that were put in place during the War of Independence. A country where 1% of the population has 40% of the wealth & on a graph the poor do not even register. http://www.oneutah.org/2013/03/top-1...ericas-wealth/
    They still have the frontier mentality of the cavalry arriving trumpets blowing, guns blazing, killing the indigenous natives to save the day. Only to discover the natives were happy with their religion, codes of moral conduct, despite tribal differences, knew how to live in harmony with their land & were just defending their right to sovereignty. Why did this happen? Gold, farming land & oil. Nothing has changed. America is the only country where over the last 150 years every generation has had the ability to participate in war at home & abroad. We should note the rhetoric of NK & take the opportunity to plan contingencies in the eventuality of an event.
    I have many discussions with my son on security issues as his business , in London, advises governments & corporates on security risk assessments throughout the world such as the current one in NK. His speciality is American foreign policy since the Cold War.
    Last edited by Tony B; 07-05-2013 at 10:53am.

Who let the rabble in?
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony B View Post
    True. Oil is black gold. Some US citizens are no better off than many NKs & fed just as much bull shit.
    Really? Does that include you? You can go to NK and live there and experience it for yourself and come back aand report how great it is there. LOL. I know where I'd rather be, I'd rather live in the US and "fed bullshit" than live in North Korea.

The US is propped up by affluent states to maintain world economic stability just as Europe is propping up member countries & the US propped up its financial institutions & corporate giants. A country that relies so heavily on debt is not a smart country as we saw with the GFC & Americam insecurity is reflected in their gun laws that were put in place during the War of Independence. A country where 1% of the population has 40% of the wealth & on a graph the poor do not even register. http://www.oneutah.org/2013/03/top-1...ericas-wealth/
    They still have the frontier mentality of the cavalry arriving trumpets blowing, guns blazing, killing the indigenous natives to save the day. Only to discover the natives were happy with their religion, codes of moral conduct, despite tribal differences, knew how to live in harmony with their land & were just defending their right to sovereignty. Why did this happen? Gold, farming land & oil. Nothing has changed. America is the only country where over the last 150 years every generation has had the ability to participate in war at home & abroad. We should note the rhetoric of NK & take the opportunity to plan contingencies in the eventuality of an event.
    I have many discussions with my son on security issues as his business , in London, advises governments & corporates on security risk assessments throughout the world such as the current one in NK. His speciality is American foreign policy since the Cold War.
    Hahaha. Yeah, America is guilty of everything, as usual. Please.

I just wonder how long Australia and western freedom would have lasted without the US "pulling the strings". Are you really so hard done by by all this US "evil"? Really, I think you need to get a grip and stop blaming everything on the US, but every country in the world is guilty of many indiscretions of some sort, there is no nirvana, so paradise, no free meal. I think you need to get a grip on reality as if the US wasn't "doing all these terrible things" then it would be some other country. I think you are living in dream land if you think that there would be some "white knight" nation who would be the bastion of all things perfect and treat us all equally and fairly. It's all about power and control and frankly, I would rather the power and control with the US than most of the other bations that purport to be friendly and such good samaritans. I am in no way saying the US is not guilty of many, many terrible things, and they are, but that doesn't mean that some other nation would do it better as I am sure that mnay would be just as bad if not worse. Have a look at all the wars and sabre rattlings all over the world and tell me that it would be better that some other country would be better at being the "policeman" of the world when it comes to sorting out these confilcts. I mean, lets get real, the US are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony B View Post
    ...Some US citizens are no better off than many NKs & fed just as much bull shit...
    The foregoing, partially cited, sounded like it was a rant.

We're lucky we live in such a shiny pot and can call others kettles of a dark tone.
    A(basking in the southern comfort of antipodean anti- apathy)m.

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Anyway, looks like they all had

Quote Originally Posted by Mark L View Post
    a cup of tea and calmed down.
    Last edited by Mark L; 07-05-2013 at 11:47pm.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12