Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  15
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: It's body upgrade time!

Still in the Circle of Confusion Cage's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The JB deal sounds OK, it's in Oz and you get Nikon warranty.

There is no guarantee that the stuff coming in from o'seas is not going to attract a 10% GST slug, and god only knows who does any warranty work.

PS: Beat me to it Artie, but along the same lines, although rather more eloquently put.
    Last edited by Cage; 18-04-2013 at 3:59pm.
    Cheers
    Kev

Nikon D810: D600 (Astro Modded): D7200 and 'stuff', lots of 'stuff'

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys! My old man has just started at JB, so I'm hoping that maybe even a bit cheaper, but we'll have to see.

$300 is a lot, but you're right, and I like to support local shops (depending, though :P )

Guess for the warranty because of the issues it's worthwhile! Now... need a little more cash :P

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rattus79 View Post
    Ok, so the Camera's busted & You're slightly bent, and I'm going to guess the roo just bounced away... so...

Important question:
    How's the Bike???!!

On the plus side, looks like you could reuse that Nikon Strap ....
    I think the lens cap is Ok too! Glad you are Ok, and that the collarbone heals up quicky. I don't think I have ever seen a more efectively destroyed camera. Can you claim it on accident insurance (if you have it for your bike)?
    Odille

“Can't keep my eyes from the circling sky”

My Blog | Canon 1DsMkII | 60D | Tokina 20-35mm f/2.8 AF AT-X PRO | EF50mm f/1.8| Sigma 150-500mm F5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM | Fujifilm X-T1 & X-M1 | Fujinon XC 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OIS | Fujinon XC 50-230mm F3.5-5.6 OIS | Fujinon XF 18-55mm F2.8-4R LM OIS | tripods, flashes, filters etc ||

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Analog6 View Post
    I think the lens cap is Ok too! Glad you are Ok, and that the collarbone heals up quicky. I don't think I have ever seen a more efectively destroyed camera. Can you claim it on accident insurance (if you have it for your bike)?
    I didn't have valuables cover but I did try

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Analog6 View Post
    I didn't have valuables cover but I did try

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OP

Id buy local..the extra $300 is piece of mind I reckon ....plus its a 2 yr warranty...if you was to include the mack warranty that DWI offer it would be a extra $108..add that to the $1739 that DWI want and its getting real close to the aussie version...plus I agree with what Arthur said

I recently bought a 50 AFS 1.8 at harvey norman cheaper than DWi do them for ..go figure !!

I sent a email out to all my local retailers asking for there best price for my D800..my local very expensive camera house came back with the cheapest ..@$2850..but that was while Nikon had the $300 off deal ..give it a shot mate..you might be surprised at how much people want your money
    Cheers and my name is Steve

OMD Em1...Now with two lenses !

http://www.flickr.com/photos/steve_tompsett/
    http://tommo.smugmug.com/

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JB had a sle on over the weekend so if all goes to plan therre is a d600 on its way for $1977!

Thanks for all the help and advice!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123