Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1

Thread: Pinhole Camera

Ausphotography Regular Geoff Port's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pinhole Camera

Visited friends over the weekend and got to browze through Ian's collection of old wares. Everything from spanners to an old chair. In an OLD brief case I discovered a range of photographic gear.
    Apart from a collection of Mamyia 2 1/4 sq filters camera backs bellows units etc and a Yashika SLR with a couple of lenses in cases there was a very old Pinhole camera.

My friend is going to attempt a renovation. I wished him the best of luck.

Incidently, the block of wood the camera is sitting on is a piece of a pylon from the Port Melbourne pier. Full of wood worm (note the holes)
    Geoff Portbury owns,

EOS 60D and a couple of lenses.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gee that looks like a great find! I can imagine getting some very interesting results from that!

The wood worker in me want's that log! I missed out on the wood from the Hornybrook Bridge up here and I found some of the alley from the old Milton Bowling alley, but they wanted $1k per 3 meter length ... Even for Tasmanian Ash, that's expensive!
    Greg Bartle,
    I have a Pentax and I'm not afraid to use it.
    Pentax K5
    Sigma 10-20 | Tamron 17-50 F:2.8 | Sigma 50 F:1.4 | Sigma 70-200 F:2.8 Plus a bunch of Ye Olde lenses

Would you like to see more?
    http://flickr.com/photosbygreg

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder what the f-stop is? And the "focal length"?
    Am.
    CC, Image editing OK.

Ausphotography Regular
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've done it again! Got all efficient in Photobucket and moved photos around after posting them on AP.
    Here they are again for anyone interested.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus79 View Post
    Gee that looks like a great find! I can imagine getting some very interesting results from that!

The wood worker in me want's that log! I missed out on the wood from the Hornybrook Bridge up here and I found some of the alley from the old Milton Bowling alley,

Just to add insult to injury Greg, My friend has about 20 lumps of this pylon. He thinks it might be Iron Wood or similar as it is very heavy and extremely hard. He has turned some really beautiful things from it. THe worm holes really add character.
    but they wanted $1k per 3 meter length ... Even for Tasmanian Ash, that's expensive!
    I got a quote on about 16 meters of 8" X 2" dressed Tassie Ash and it was only $1350.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll ring my mate AM and ask if he can investigate. The f stop may be written on it somewhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Focal length is just a matter of measurement, and the aperture is probably around F300.
    Alive and still clicking - apologies to PSQ.
    Living and working in the Roaring Forties
    Assorted cameras of all sizes and shapes including Pentax K (the original), MX, Z1,K20D; 50mm 1.2, 35mm 2.0, 85mm 1.8

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StanW View Post
    Focal length is just a matter of measurement, and the aperture is probably around F300.
    Quite right, Stan, though it looked to have a "throw" of about 100-150mm to me, and assuming an approximation of ~1mm for a "pinhole", I had the idea of about f/100-f/150.
    Am.