User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  16

Thread: CLASSIFIEDS : Forum

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

CLASSIFIEDS : Forum

Shortly I will be setting up a Classifieds forum as a trial. This trial will run for 2 months, and at the end of that period the moderators and I will discuss how it went, any issues we had to deal with etc and decide if it will remain a part of the site.

In the past we had a Classifieds forum, but it alone took up just under 50% of all moderation duties. So when www.cameramarket.com.au came along and offered us a deal to integrate with them, I took it. Instantly the mods and I noted the free time that we had. However, we have recently discussed this and we wish to trial one again, with some rules.

Once the forum is up and running, it will contain a 'sticky' thread with some rules for posting to the forum. The forum will only be for active posting members with over 30 days membership and 50 posts (both must be met). Members who have less than that will not even be able to see this forum on their forum list, and not able to post classifieds on the site.

As part of this move, I will be restructuring some of the forums. We will have a new Classifieds forum heading, which will have three sub forums. Ausphotography Classifieds, Cameramarket Classifieds, and the current Photographic Employment Opportunities forum (that is under the Business of Photography forum) will move to being under this new Classifieds forum.

As I progress with this during the morning, there will be inconsistencies in the rules. The site rules will for example say we do not allow classifieds for a while after the classifieds forum is running. I will be working methodically through all this during the morning and amending these inconsistencies. Please bear with me during this and enter into the spirit of what we are trying to do, and not post a classifieds that attempts to use these inconsistencies to bypass the spirit of what we are trialing, thanks

The new Ausphotography Classifieds forum will be up and running during this morning and as soon as members can see it, they can use it, but remember this is a 2 month trial only, at this time.
    Last edited by ricktas; 07-04-2013 at 8:28am.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

A. P's Culinary Indiscriminant mongo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bib big thanks from Mongo !!

Mongo really misses that facility and had a few mutually beneficial transactions when we used to have it.

Mongo appreciates the efforts you and the mods are making to try and return this facility to AP members.

Mongo really hopes the trial goes well such that you can comfortably decide to keep the facility after the trial.

Mongo urges all members to keep to the rules and do the right thing. We need this to work ! Mongo will personally make an unwanted house call on anyone who puts the success of this facility in jepody !! Understand ?!
    Nikon and Pentax user

Wayne shoots while Di chats!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Rick,

I appreciate that you are giving this a trial and hope that it does not take too much of yours and the mods time.

Wayne
    D300s and D60. Nikkor 35mm 1.8 & 50mm 1.8, 18-55mm & 55-200mm; Sigma 10-20 F4-5.6; Tamron 90mm, Elements 8
    ...........................................................................................C&C is always welcome......................................................................

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems like a great idea to me, I too had found the old classifieds of value, I just hope that all goes according to plan. Thanks for giving it a go.

Administrator
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Below are the rules for posting to the new Ausphotography Classifieds Forum. If anyone has any questions about these rules, please ask. We also reserve the right to modify these rules, either minimally or extensively during the trial period. Please refer to the rules thread in the Ausphotography Classifieds forum for the current rules, as this post may not be updated if the rules are amended:

Classifieds: Trading on Ausphotography (Effective 7th April 2013)

Trading of gear is only allowed in the Classifieds forums on Ausphotography.

Definition: buying/selling/wanted to buy/offers to give-away/borrow/rent of any items, photographic related only.

Only active members of Ausphotography can post items for sale. Active members are deemed to be those that have posted at least 10 constructive posts to the site spread over the month prior to posting their classified ad. Only members with over 30 days membership and 50 posts (both must be met) will have access to this forum.

Items listed must be fully detailed, including (but not limited to):

* The Price
    * The Brand
    * The Model
    * The Serial number.
    * Camera Bodies offered for sale must note the shutter count.
    * Any past issues must be reported (exposure to water, replacement of parts, dropping of item, scratches etc)
    * Postage/delivery details and if costs involved are covered in selling price, or extra.
    * Photos of item(s) are allowed.

Feedback on items offered:

* Members are welcome to provide feedback on an item purchased.
    * Members must not post anything to a thread that undermines the ability of the seller to sell their item(s)

The thread/post must NOT:

* be for non-photographic items. Posting of non-photographic items in this forum is forbidden.
    * Be on behalf of a third party. Ads must be items for sale/trade by Ausphotography members only
    * Be commercial, unless by an Ausphotography Site Advertiser. Posts offering multiple units of the same product, or an Ausphotography member frequently posting items for sale, with minimal other site involvement, may be deemed commercial.

Other information:

* Posts to the classifieds forum will not accrue against your 'post count' and will not be deemed as active site participation.
    * Any attempt to bypass these rules will result in the member losing access to this forum permanently. Further action may be taken under the site rules, in need.
    * Any decision/action made by Ausphotography administrators or moderators on a post or thread in this forum, due to non-compliance with these rules, is covered under the site rules (rule 31).
    * Under no circumstances will the owner of the Ausphotography site, Administrators or Moderators be liable in any way for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of the classifieds forum, by a member of Ausphotography. In need will will provide any/all information to relevant parties to ensure a resolution is reached if a dispute arises. This could include (but is not limited to) email address, login IP addresses or any other identifying information.
    Last edited by ricktas; 06-05-2013 at 5:30am.

Administrator
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have also amended the site rules and the introductory message that members get when they join Ausphotography.

I have consolidated the rules for all Classifieds advertising on the site so that the Ausphotography Classifieds, the CameraMarket Classified and the Photographic Employment Classifieds are all in one place under the Forum Rules. Just click FORUM RULES on the main menu and select Classifieds from the drop down list at the top left of the Rules, and they are all combined into one section.

If anyone finds a rule or guideline that conflicts with these changes, please feel free to post a link here so I can update it.

Administrator
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    early reminder :

Active members are deemed to be those that have posted at least 10 constructive posts to the site spread over the month prior to posting their classified ad.

CONSTRUCTIVE means providing advice/critique etc to other members. Posting your own threads and asking questions does not constitute constructive posts under these rules. We require members to GIVE something back to others, otherwise their classifieds access will be removed.
    Last edited by ricktas; 07-04-2013 at 8:52am.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm glad to see the inclusion once again for a Classifieds section and was sorry when it was closed.

Hopefully it doesn't once again cause a drain on the mods by creating to many headaches and to much time for it to run smoothly, I think it's a great addition for the forum.
    f o t o w o r x

People taking the time out to give me CC is always very much appreciated

Administrator
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimD View Post
    I'm glad to see the inclusion once again for a Classifieds section and was sorry when it was closed.

Hopefully it doesn't once again cause a drain on the mods by creating to many headaches and to much time for it to run smoothly, I think it's a great addition for the forum.
    Our premise this time round will be that if someone doesn't do the right thing they will lose access to all of the classifieds forums..permanently, without 'second chances'. So it is in each member's interest to abide by the rules of the classifieds forums, as only those who do, will retain access to them. To stop it being a drain on our time, we are going to remove any problems, by removing access.
    Last edited by ricktas; 07-04-2013 at 11:16am.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to see it returning, I have no doubt this will benefit many of the members here both buying and selling. I run a couple of forums, and I know how taxing adverts can be on your time, so removing access on an individual basis is a far fairer way to deal with those than removing it from everyone, and I'm sure most people will abide by the rules.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it will be good to see it returning, the extra moderation required is a pain but i think it gives members more a feeling of belonging if you know what i mean.
    Julie

Canon 6D,Fuji X100
    l Canon 50mm f1.8 MK l l Canon 85mm f1.8 l Canon 100mm f2.8L Macro l Canon 24-70IS f4L l LR4/CS6

Administrator
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Alteration to the Rules:

The thread/post must NOT:

* Be commercial, unless by an Ausphotography Site Advertiser. Posts offering multiple units of the same product, or an Ausphotography member frequently posting items for sale, with minimal other site involvement, may be deemed commercial.

The OLD wording was:

* Be commercial, unless by an Ausphotography Site Advertiser. Posts offering multiple units of the same product, or an Ausphotography member frequently posting items for sale (more than one thread a month), may be deemed commercial.

This allows our regular active site members the freedom to use the classifieds more often.

Administrator
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just bumping this to remind people of the rules, and also remind that if you breach the classifieds rules you lose access to the classifieds forums permanently.

So please read the rules posted above (post #5), they are also 'stickied' at the top of the classifieds forum.

There are no second chances, abide by the classifieds rules, or lose access, as someone did overnight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Rick,
    being a newbie I think this would be a great way to get extra equipment from a reliable source

Jenelle

Administrator
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenelle Woolaway View Post
    Hi Rick,
    being a newbie I think this would be a great way to get extra equipment from a reliable source

Jenelle
    it is only available to members with over 30 days membership AND 50 posts, who are regular site contributors. As someone who has 8 posts in 2 months, you will not be eligible to access it, or use it. We deem regular to be several posts a week, ongoing..as a minimum.

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    G'day Jenelle.
    A good way to get the post count up is to ask people how they did something you like in any given photo.
    Of cause posting photos and getting feedback gets the posts up also.
    Get involved in this years members challenge http://www.ausphotography.net.au/for...lenges-52-2013 and it will all look after itself (and give you a reason to get out and take photos).

That's all got nothing to do with this thread (kinda).
    Last edited by Mark L; 07-05-2013 at 9:09pm.

A. P's Culinary Indiscriminant mongo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Janelle, just give your honest view about some of the images posted; especially those who seek out constructive criticsm. That will get you involved and get you count up to after a while.

Sir Rattus79 - The Proclaimant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or do what I do, and lurk around making snide comments when appropriate. (or inappropriate as the case may be)

You have to put the smiley face in though, other wise it can easily be taken the wrong way!
    Greg Bartle,
    I have a Pentax and I'm not afraid to use it.
    Pentax K5
    Sigma 10-20 | Tamron 17-50 F:2.8 | Sigma 50 F:1.4 | Sigma 70-200 F:2.8 Plus a bunch of Ye Olde lenses

Would you like to see more?
    http://flickr.com/photosbygreg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm hoping that when Rick says 10 constructive posts, this will not include comments on photos that say nothing more than "Great shot", "Nice capture" or "Lovely photo". These types of comment do nothing in the way of providing something that is constructive.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Sunrise Chaser
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would include those type's of comments So long as they were made in the Critique threads , But IMO they are all OK so long as you add a little more of why it's a "Lovely" photo , Does'nt have to be much
    Canon : 30D, and sometimes the 5D mkIII , Sigma 10-20, 50mm 1.8, Canon 24-105 f4 L , On loan Sigma 120-400 DG and Canon 17 - 40 f4 L , Cokin Filters