Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  38
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New here and going to become a Pro

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why do I have this feeling that we're all part of a combined psychological test / April 1st hoax? Are we inadvertently offending a genuine but misguided young photographer .... or are we being played like fish on Rick's tackle?

My money's on the latter!

"If you want to be a better photographer, stand in front of more interesting stuff.” — Jim Richardson

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Time to confess.

This member was created by me and the intro is completely FAKE.

April Fools Day it is

Now the fun part. I am going to give away an USB drive to...Geoffsta..for not falling for it, and...Aussiegirl...for her great reply.
    Last edited by ricktas; 01-04-2013 at 1:47pm.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The mods and I have been chatting and we have decided to give a USB drive to fillum as well for his contribution above.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My guess was right , Good one Rick

PS : Mainly cause "Super Sally" was a new member we all/I dont want to see with the , I'm gonna be a Pro in two weeks attitude
    Last edited by William; 01-04-2013 at 7:55pm.
    Canon : 30D, and sometimes the 5D mkIII , Sigma 10-20, 50mm 1.8, Canon 24-105 f4 L , On loan Sigma 120-400 DG and Canon 17 - 40 f4 L , Cokin Filters

Moderately Underexposed
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was going to post a reply along the lines of --- Sally, if you need fast cash to buy pro gear, get down to a street corner in St Kilda and start acting like a pro ---- but Rick said it was in bad taste.
    Andrew
    Nikon, Fuji, Nikkor, Sigma, Tamron, Tokina and too many other bits and pieces to list.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    My guess was right , Good one Rick

PS : Mainly cause "Super Sally" was a new member we all/I dont want to see with the , I'm gonna be a Pro in two weeks attitude
    Unfortunately Geoff beat you to it..maybe a USB drive will be yours next time Bill

Still in the Circle of Confusion Cage's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    The mods and I have been chatting and we have decided to give a USB drive to fillum as well for his contribution above.
    I hope Kym was consulted.

PS: And I feel a bit miffed that Pentax slagging is rewarded, and Canon bashing isn't, well it was a only a little bash, more of a prod really.
    Last edited by Cage; 01-04-2013 at 8:17pm.
    Cheers
    Kev

Nikon D810: D600 (Astro Modded): D7200 and 'stuff', lots of 'stuff'

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Rick, & mods.
    It was a case of wife at work, and me bored to death. Spent a lot of time on the net.
    Two things gave it away... One was Rick's response. A bit too calm I thought.
    The second thing was when Rick was offline, Sally was on. Whether it was coincidence, and someone else was Sally, I wasn't sure.

But a fantastic thread. The responses from members was varied. Some even giving the "either side of the fence" replies.

Enjoyable day. What a fantastic community this forum is...
    Geoff
    Honesty is best policy.
    CC is always welcome
    Nikon D3000 ... Nikon D90... Nikon D700 Various lenses, Home studio equipment and all the associated stuff
    Flickr

Moderately Underexposed
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trublubiker View Post
    PS: And I feel a bit miffed that Pentax slagging is rewarded, and Canon bashing isn't, well it was a only a little bash, more of a prod really.
    My view was that amongst a sea of terrible untruths, Phil was one who spoke some truth.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I @ M View Post
    My view was that amongst a sea of terrible untruths, Phil was one who spoke some truth.
    Andrew, for a second there, and actually it was only a mini sec, I thought you may have been a Canon fanboy.

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    .... And I feel a bit miffed that Pentax slagging is rewarded, and Canon bashing isn't, well it was a only a little bash, more of a prod really.
    I agree, but I think your Canon bashing was a little too subtle, maybe get the sledgehammer out next time and make it really obvious

Moderately Underexposed
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Andrew, for a second there, and actually it was only a mini sec, I thought you may have been a Canon fanboy.
    Oh perlease Kevin, we were discussing cameras, not misspelled, inconsistent items of North Korean artillery.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I @ M View Post
    Oh perlease Kevin, we were discussing cameras, not misspelled, inconsistent items of North Korean artillery.
    Don't get me started on that lunatic administration.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol - April Fools
    Jodie

Gear - Canon EOS 7D, EOS 6D, 24-105 F4, 70-200 F2.8L IS, Canon EF 100mm 2.8 Macro, Sigma 10-20mm, nifty fifty, EF2xII, 580EX, 430EXII, EFx2 III and a long wishlist

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I've only read the first post, and I think that's super Sally.
    Will now read the rest of this thread. I need some 's

- - - Updated - - -

Well, until Rick fessed up, I was going to congratulate Andrew.

Now, since I don't have one with a camera, what phone should I buy? I have a couple of Canon lens's.
    And by coincidence, I'd love to see a new member register and introduce themselves as SuperSally. They might get more than they deserved.
    Last edited by Mark L; 02-04-2013 at 12:36am.
    "Enjoy what you can do rather than being frustrated at what you can't." bobt
    Canon 80D, 60D, Canon 28-105, Sigma 150-600S.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffsta View Post
    Check two online dots after username.... Rick seems to be offline when supersally is online. Is Rick cross dressing.. Hope it's a mini... No I don't. scary thought
    I certainly hope not, as every forum user knows, it is strictly prohibited to create multiple accounts. You can even have your member privileges revoked if you do!!!
    Mark

Canon 70D w/Grip l Canon 60D w/Grip l EF 100-400 f4.5-5.6L IS USM l EF 70-200 f4L IS USM l EF-S 15-85 f3.5-5.6 IS USM l EF 100 f2.8 USM Macro l EF-S 18-55 f3.5-5.6 IS STM l EF 50 f1.8 II l Canon EF-S 10-22 f3.5-4.5 USM l 430 EX II Flash l Rode Stereo VideoMic l Manfrotto 055XPROB + 498RC2 Tripod l Benro MP-96 M8 Monopod l Lowepro Vertex 200 AW Backpack l Lowepro Pro Runner 300 AW Backpack l PS CS5 Extended l Lightroom 4.3

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by inistudent
    I certainly hope not, as every forum user knows, it is strictly prohibited to create multiple accounts. You can even have your member privileges revoked if you do!!!
    I do believe so. I have been questioned as I view the site from work. And as I talked a college into joining, and registered her a work. I got a severe talking to. Took a while to convince Rick not to ban me. Now there are 2 members from work.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffsta View Post
    I do believe so. I have been questioned as I view the site from work. And as I talked a college into joining, and registered her a work. I got a severe talking to. Took a while to convince Rick not to ban me. Now there are 2 members from work.
    Yep. we always investigate when the site reports two people accessing it from the same computer. Occasionally it is genuine, work mates etc, but past experience has shown us that not everyone is honest, unfortunately.

You will notice that SuperSally's account now shows as 'guest' cause I have deleted it.
    Last edited by ricktas; 02-04-2013 at 6:15pm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh no, Super Sally has been deleted? how sad, I think she coulfd stick around, as I am sure she would make a suitable AC with her obvious talent- after all, her family and facebook friends love her work

(some great replies guys, and a great deal of fun too!)
    Di
    D300s and D60. Nikkor 35mm 1.8 & 50mm 1.8, 18-55mm & 55-200mm; Sigma 10-20 F4-5.6; Tamron 90mm, Elements 8
    ...........................................................................................C&C is always welcome......................................................................

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I am intrigued as to how Geoffsta's quote of "unistudent" came out as "inistudent"...
    CC, Image editing OK.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast