User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Have you always admired one of your (facebook) friends photos?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Moderately Underexposed
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you always admired one of your (facebook) friends photos?

The answer is here, simply grab it and have it printed onto your favourite coffee mug.

No royalties payable to your "friend" either apparently.

http://connect.dpreview.com/post/808...facebook-photo
    Andrew
    Nikon, Fuji, Nikkor, Sigma, Tamron, Tokina and too many other bits and pieces to list.

Way Down Yonder in the Paw Paw Patch jim's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a brilliant idea. I would personally love to see someone make a buck for themselves by selling my photos in the form of a coffee mug.

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But then some people do nuclear physics, and that'd equal a zillion coffee-mug-shots on Mug-shot-Book.

(OK, to set the story straight, I do neither.)
    CC, Image editing OK.

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm curious, I've had my FB privacy settings locked down from the get go. I can't figure out what the story is with photos because they've changed the account management tools big time - it would seem my choices are to leave them there or delete them. Oh well, more delving required, cheers Deb

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    A comment made by expressivecanvas from Andrews link:

"Just because I have posted photos on Facebook for my family and friends to SEE, does NOT mean I am okay with them printing them, having them printed or put on a tacky mug. Years ago I had gone to a family member's home and found photos of mine hanging on their walls.. pixelated, web-sized photos, printed as 8x10s.. They made my photos look crappy for all visitors to see. I NEVER want this to happen to my art... it is illegal... it is stealing... and, if they had simply asked me for a copy of a photo, I would have gladly had my work printed professionally and sent it to them. The simple fact is they stole my art and their printing job made my work look miserable. This app is theft and I can't help but wonder about the quality. That being said, personally, I feel the publishers of this app want nothing to do with photos, but instead want your Facebook personal info to sell, use, exploit... across international borders... This is clearly written in their "Terms and Conditions"."

Sounds fair enough to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is why I am careful with what I put up on Facebook. Basically things I would not be too upset about if it was stolen or printed on a coffee mug. I figure I am pretty safe putting my best work on my blog and just link that on Facebook.