Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  32

Thread: Unanswered Threads

Ausphotography Regular Geoff Port's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unanswered Threads

When I first joined AP nearly 12 months ago I noted that there were always a dozen or more unanswered CC threads sitting and waiting for CC. A lot of these images are from new members or beginners who need encouragement. Recently this number has reduced dramatically . This is good to see. From experience it is rather offputting to have a photo sit on the site, member looking but no one bothering to comment. I had the feeling that my capture wasn't even good enough for a negative CC.
    I'm relatively new to AP so its not my place advise but I would like to say keep it up, the new members and beginners need your CC good or bad.

GKPort
    EOS 60D and a couple of lenses.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whilst receiving opinions from others is a good way to see things that you may have missed, and to improve your techniques, for me AP isn't about just getting feedback. There are resources here for many aspects of photography, user experiences with gear, PP techniques etc. I post images rarely, so the CC part for me is minimal at best.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are so right Geoff new members and especially beginners need our support. And AP is the best place to get it

I shoot with Canon And Olympus Cameras

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    One of the issues with these is often the time of day they are posted. I see members posting threads for CC at 1.00am, and by about 7.30am the next morning they are way down the 'new posts' list. Threads started between about 6.00am and 8.00am, 5.00pm and 10.00pm tend to get the most attention when initially posted. Mainly cause more members are online. It is nice that members want to be online at 1.00am, 2.00am, 3.00am etc but it is worth considering that most members are not online at that time, thus slow initial responses mean the threads get shunted down the list of new threads.

I do agree that we rarely see a thread go without getting at least one reply now, so good work in that regard, from all.

Also remember, if you post a thread with photos for CC, give some other members some CC on their threads. If you CC three threads for every one thread you upload, we all benefit.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

It's all about the Light!
    Tech Admin
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Use the menu Luke !!

The Unanswered CC Threads menu link is you best hope
    regards, Kym Gallery Honest & Direct Constructive Critique Appreciated! ©
    Digital & film, Bits of glass covering 10mm to 500mm, and other stuff

Still in the Circle of Confusion Cage's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just as an addendum to this thread I would like to remind our newer members that when someone takes the time to offer assistance, it is common courtesy to say 'thank you'.

Too often new members ask a question, and receive comprehensive replies, and are apparently too time deprived to even click on the 'Thanks for this useful post' button.

I'm sure those members who do make an effort to offer assistance are not doing it to get thanked, but gee, a bit of old fashioned manners doesn't hurt.
    Cheers
    Kev

D600 : D7200 and too much stuff to list

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I totally agree Kevin about the Thanks and its not only the new members that don't take the time
    Have you noticed that plenty of the long term members don't bother either to click that Thanks button.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree Mary Anne, a bit like Geoff thinking his pictures weren't worth a comment, I wonder if my feedback is terrible.
    Been here, not done that.

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoPho View Post
    I agree Mary Anne, a bit like Geoff thinking his pictures weren't worth a comment, I wonder if my feedback is terrible.
    Thanks for that useful post JoPho.
    Last edited by Mark L; 30-03-2013 at 9:22pm. Reason: stuffed up were I put the grin !!!

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ewe two, eh?
    CC, Image editing OK.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trublubiker View Post
    Just as an addendum to this thread I would like to remind our newer members that when someone takes the time to offer assistance, it is common courtesy to say 'thank you'.

Too often new members ask a question, and receive comprehensive replies, and are apparently too time deprived to even click on the 'Thanks for this useful post' button.

I'm sure those members who do make an effort to offer assistance are not doing it to get thanked, but gee, a bit of old fashioned manners doesn't hurt.
    If you notice someone not thanking others and not even acknowledging the replies to their threads, let me know. I am happy to send them a PM asking them to. I have done this quite a bit, and even occasionally done it in a thread, if my PM goes ignored. I am watching someone at present to see if they decide to thank those who replied with answers, or not- as they have done in the past. A little appreciation and acknowledgment of the effort others go to, is easy and deserving. Sometimes you may notice someone that I have not, so please feel free to PM me if you have someone you notice who does not thank or acknowledge the help given to them by others.

Ausphotography Regular
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you all for the replies. I wasn't expecting such a response to my comments