Hey Guys,

I have a trip to Tassie planned for two or so weeks during July (Winter time) so excited to say the least. Have been planning this for a few months now, but just need some clarification on a few things and maybe a few tips on things. I will be staying with a friend for a week, then will be hiring a car for another week or so and driving to some popular locations, including:

~ Derwent Valley, Mount Field National Park - Tasmanian Snow Gum
~ Binnalong Bay, Bay Of Fires - Famous Lone Tree
~ Cradle Mountain – Classic Shot
~ St Columba Falls/Russel Falls/Liffey Falls
~ Mount Wellington - Sunrise/view
~ Hobart Franklin Wharf – Boats + Reflections
~ Tessellated Pavement - Sunrise
~ Bluestone Bay - Sunrise/sunset
~ Richmond Bridge

I know it's going to be cold (very cold) so will be buying a good goose down jacket + waterproof jacket to go over that, waterproof pants and some hiking boots + a beanie and gloves. So, I reckon I'm set for the cold weather which I have a good chance of being greeted by! However, I am planning on photographing a few waterfalls and keen to get my feet wet while doing so, so I wanted to know from people who have done this before. Do you wear your boots in the stream/reef shoes/barefoot? I can't really see the sense of getting boots wet if your have to walk back to the car but then I guess your feet are gonna get cold!

I also plan to get to Cradle Mountain for that classic shot. Planning on staying somewhere close by so I don't have to get up too early. I've read somewhere that only a few cars are allowed in during the day? I was planning on driving in early morning so will I be able to do so, will their be gates that are locked? Going to buy a holiday national parks pass allowing entry into all national parks too.

As there is a high chance of rainy weather, I though perhaps a rain-cover/plastic bag for the lens and camera might be a good idea. ..

Have I missed anything else? Would love to hear any ideas/tips you have, other locations to see etc. I am keen to photograph some of the local wildlife (wallabies and wombats) but don't know of too many places to go to do this... Planning on focusing my attention on seascape/landscape/wildlife photography.

Thanks in advance,
Tim