Thread: Problem viewing this forum using Google Chrome

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Problem viewing this forum using Google Chrome

Hi all,

I've got a problem when viewing this forum using Google Chrome, and wondering if anyone else has noticed the issue and found a work around.

I like viewing Forums using the "New Posts" link, and from there viewing all the threads where the title catches my interest, and then using the mark forum read option, but it seems that ever since I "marked forum read", google Chrome does not display any more threads in the "New Posts" link.

I don't have the issue with Firefox so I do have a way around it, but I was just wondering if anyone had a solution for this issue with Chrome.

Regards,
    John

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    why use the mark forum read? oncw you read a thread the site knows you have read it and wont show it in new posts again until soneone else replies to the thread.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Ausphotography Addict
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    why use the mark forum read? .

Because this forum is more active than I can keep up with

Nothing wrong with that, i just don't have enough hours in the day.
    Last edited by tandeejay; 09-03-2015 at 8:25am.
    John Blackburn

"Life is like a camera! Focus on what is important, capture the good times, develop from the negatives, and if things don't work out take another shot."

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You do not have to look at all new posts. Just choose those you are interested in.

New Posts is specific to YOU. Each member sees a different set of threads in New Posts. What I see when I click New Posts is not what you would see. New Posts is member specific, it knows what you have looked at in the past, etc.

Marking forums read, serves no purpose for New Posts other than to stop things showing up in New Posts for you and only you. Threads in New Posts that you have not looked at, drop off the the New Posts screen after a few days automatically. From memory it is set to 150 threads, so as members post new stuff, the older stuff just drops off your New Posts search. Using mark forums read just removes them sooner, and as you have found, then you do not have any New Posts at all, till someone either replies to a thread or starts a new one.

Ausphotography Addict
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Once I've looked at all the threads I'm interested in, marking forum as read is useful, because next time I'm looking at the forum, I don't have to sift through all the threads I've already decided I'm not interested in.

The issue I have is with google Chrome. Once I press mark forum read, it ceases to display any new threads ever. My workaround is to use Firefox which works as expected and displays new threads since the last time I marked the forum read.

Tapatalk works too, but it does not display some images in this forum.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Definitely sounds like a Chrome issue, but it is not one I experience. Do you have add-ons in chrome? Things like EXIF viewer add-ons etc. It could be one of those add-ons causing the issue..we see this every little while were an add-on is doing something strange.

It's all about the Light!
    Tech Admin
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd clear the cookies -- I think that is the problem. I've been able to get consistent behaviour in both browsers.
    regards, Kym Gallery Honest & Direct Constructive Critique Appreciated! ©
    Digital & film, Bits of glass covering 10mm to 500mm, and other stuff