User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  5

Thread: Google and Nik Software..bonus for photographers

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Google and Nik Software..bonus for photographers

Google bought Nik Software a while back and the result is that the complete Nik Software bundle has been price dropped by Google

http://www.petapixel.com/2013/03/25/...-for-only-150/

Get the complete Nik Software Plugin Suite for $150 USD

Not only that, but if you have bought ANY Nik Software plugin in the last five years, Google is giving you the complete collection for FREE.
    Last edited by ricktas; 26-03-2013 at 10:42am.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Who let the rabble in?
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info, Rick. Just purchased it!

Way Down Yonder in the Paw Paw Patch jim's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [Post deleted] Turns out my email program decided to stop working overnight, explaining why I didn't have the email.

Thanks for the info Rick.
    Last edited by jim; 26-03-2013 at 11:46am.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was lucky, I'd bought Nik Silver Efex Pro in 2010. I emailed Google/Nik with details of the purchase and was provided access to the entire package. I now believe in Santa Claus and possibly the Easter bunny !!
    Last edited by Judyd; 04-04-2013 at 7:44pm.
    Canon 5DII, Tamron AF 28-300mm F/3.5-6.3, Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM , Canon EF 50mm F1.4 USM, Lensbaby Sweet 35, 580EXII, Manfrotto Tripod, CS3 & LR5
    http://www.pbase.com/judyd

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had bought HDR EFex about 2 years ago, I didn't receive the offer from Google, so I emailed them, and today received an email with a link to download the package.

I don't have Lightroom or Photoshop, I use Nikon's Capture NX2, so now I have all the Lightroom versions set up as external editors from NX2. They all work! When I select the 'Edit with..' program, Capture NX2 sends a TIFF of the photo I'm working on to the selected program.
    David

Nikon D810
    Nikkor AF-S 24-120VR, Nikkor AF-S 16-35VR, Nikkor AF-S 70-300VR, Nikkor AF 50 f1.8
    Tamron 90mm Macro

Ausphotography Regular Hired Goon's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have Lightroom 4 and Photshop CS 6 ... would this Nik bundle be useful to me?

I tried the HDR plugin a while back and didn't like the results (too much noise or unrealistic images) but this could be my fault. I might try again.

Willing to give it another go but some of the other plugins probably have equivalent (and free!) plugins for LR, perhaps?

Geoff

Administrator
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hired Goon View Post

I tried the HDR plugin a while back and didn't like the results (too much noise or unrealistic images) but this could be my fault. I might try again.

Willing to give it another go but some of the other plugins probably have equivalent (and free!) plugins for LR, perhaps?

Geoff
    download the trial and see. Only you can decide if a product is useful for you, whether it be a computer, car, toothpaste, or software.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Geoff
    As Rick said - have a play with trial versions - they are fully functional.
    Not sure if you have played with monos much? - but this package is worth it just for Silver Efex IMHO (and now costs less that Silver Efex used to on its own) .
    Color Efex also has some good stuff - I have ColorEfex plugin in my paintshop pro - I only use a handful of the available effects, but quite like them, the colour cast removal & pro contrast effects I find particularly good at fixing colour cast problems (very handy if you stack Cokin GND filters.)
    Matt
    CC always appreciated

My Website
    A Blog of sorts

D750 Shines
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Added discount to this deal is when you add DZISER in the coupon code section which
    then brings it to US$126
    Sorry on the double post
    cheers

Nikon D750,D500,Z6,Coolpix P7700
    Nikkor 300mm f/4E PF ED VR, Nikkor 16-35mm f/4 VR, Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8, Tokina 100mm f/2.8, Tamron 60mm f/2 , Tamron SP 24-70mm f2.8 VC Di, Nikon Z 24-70mm f/4
    FTZ adapator
    Sigma 50mm f/1.4 Art

Ausphotography Regular Hired Goon's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    download the trial and see. Only you can decide if a product is useful for you, whether it be a computer, car, toothpaste, or software.
    I have downloaded the trial, but as I play with some of the effects, I wonder whether there may be equivalent effects plugins available for LR. I've installed some LR plugins that are quite good, but I wonder if there may be others out there that I am unaware of, that may be just as good as the Nik effects.

Geoff

Administrator
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have downloaded the trial, but as I play with some of the effects, I wonder whether there may be equivalent effects plugins available for LR. I've installed some LR plugins that are quite good, but I wonder if there may be others out there that I am unaware of, that may be just as good as the Nik effects.

Geoff
    the Nik Software suite works in LR

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Downloaded the trial...looking forward to seeing what it can do!
    flickr

C+C welcome and appreciated

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the heads up. I did have the email but due to time constraints I had not read it yet. Have just started the download. I bought the previous suite but only for LR so hopefully this lot can be accessed via CS6 as well

Administrator
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fess67 View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. I did have the email but due to time constraints I had not read it yet. Have just started the download. I bought the previous suite but only for LR so hopefully this lot can be accessed via CS6 as well
    Yes it can. The download is an exe file and you just run it, no serial numbers etc. Install and it works

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the heads up from me also.

I received the email & actually read it but was busy at the time & then forgot it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm literally in the process of downloading this now (thought I'd read up on the thoughts in here while I am waiting on my painfully slow connection). I was looking at some HDR software as the HDR Automate in CC just isn't cutting it for me. A friend suggested Photomatix, which I have been playing with the trial, but still... not quite getting me to where I want to be. Someone else suggested this collection, and I, of course, had heard of Silver Efex by reputation, which was rather pricey the last time I looked into it. Anyway, couldn't sleep last night, watched all of the videos on the website and woke up with the resolve to part with some of my cash... I'm a bit excited!
    Better known as Erin.