User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1

Thread: IPad users

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IPad users

Hey all, I just picked up and iPad and was hoping to use it to back up my photos and do simple culling while travelling.
    However my problem is that the default iOS "photos" app that launches when you use the camera connection kit is less than ideal.
    I need to be able to see large previews of the pics before I import them to check focus etc, similar to the Lightroom import module.

As it is- iOS Photos will only generate a screen full of tiny thumbnails and I can't for the life of me find a way to zoom in on these and select one by one for import.

Is there any way to bypass the Photos app and import files via a third party app. I did a bit of a web search and came across apps such as Photo Smith 2 but from all accounts it appears to run too slow to be a viable alternative.

If anyone also knows of a photo/ files hosting app that integrates well with the iPad could you enlighten me. I am using the smug mug app as I have a paid site with them- but it's quite tedious to upload pics.

I would like something that can resize images to web friendly size and upload that version to photo hosting site which gives me links to use in forums such as this :-)

Any help appreciated
    Nikon D750
    Olympus m/43
    Rolleicord IV

My SmugMug

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are two apps (free when I got them) that I use.... Adobe Photoshop Express and Photo Pad by ZAGG. Both apps allow you to view and edit RAW images.

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks but I don't need the ability to edit RAW on the iPad as I will save serious editing for the computer. I'm talking about importing jpegs and a quick, efficient way to share those images on forums etc.

So far the best I could find for uploading from the iPad is Photo Sync by Touchbyte GmbH. It can upload to Dropbox, 500px, Smugmug, Flickr among others.

Still looking for a better app to import jpegs from the camera connection kit, seems we are stuck with the default Photos app

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i looked into this last year when going to Hawaii and decided that a small laptop was better. iOS is too restricted and limited but a Windows machine is much better.

Today, there are a few Win8 tablets (not RT) and you would be better served with one of them.
    Mick

Nikon D600 & D80, 24-70 f2.8 Nikkor, 50mm f1.4 Sigma ,18-135 Nikkor, Kenko Extension Tubes, SB-700 and a few little bits and pieces

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used iphoto for a little while, it seemed pretty good. I was working with raw files which was a bit slow.

About a week after i got it i upgraded to an ipad3 which had a different connector so my card reader didn't fit, so i haven't used the app since.

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For anyone else in the same predicament- I'm pretty happy with the Photo Sync app I mentioned above. I'm shooting RAW + jpeg and the jpegs from the Fuji are pretty awesome and don't really need any editing- so I can upload them straight away and work on RAWs when I get home :-)