Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: World Wide Art Books Query

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

World Wide Art Books Query

Hi
    Have any photographers had a Santa Barbara USA firm called World Wide Art Books emailing them stating that they have been selected to participate in there publication , International Masters of Photography, Vol 2 ?
    They ask for a participation fee and say they distribute the books to galleries and other photographic interests, world wide.
    Am wondering if this is a scam?
    Anyone have any information on this?

Cheers Geoffrey

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Geoffery,

This appears on the surface not to be a scam, a quick google search turned up a fairly lengthy discussion on linked in. It appears that you pay them a fair amount and they include your work in the book and then market that book predominantly to people like you who have also paid to be in the book and perhaps some other places. This appears to be a for profit business. I wish I had thought of it could be a small money spinner

Kind Regards
    Livio

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I moved your thread. No idea why you posted it to a CC forum?? The CC forums are only for members to post their photos to get CC.

Also be careful where this thread goes, and a reminder to all members with under 30 days membership and/or 50 posts to read the site rules, in particular rules 3-7.
    Last edited by ricktas; 21-03-2013 at 8:16am.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by livio View Post
    Hi Geoffery,

This appears on the surface not to be a scam, a quick google search turned up a fairly lengthy discussion on linked in. It appears that you pay them a fair amount and they include your work in the book and then market that book predominantly to people like you who have also paid to be in the book and perhaps some other places.
    That's not a scam?