Hey all, I just picked up and iPad and was hoping to use it to back up my photos and do simple culling while travelling.
However my problem is that the default iOS "photos" app that launches when you use the camera connection kit is less than ideal.
I need to be able to see large previews of the pics before I import them to check focus etc, similar to the Lightroom import module.

As it is- iOS Photos will only generate a screen full of tiny thumbnails and I can't for the life of me find a way to zoom in on these and select one by one for import.

Is there any way to bypass the Photos app and import files via a third party app. I did a bit of a web search and came across apps such as Photo Smith 2 but from all accounts it appears to run too slow to be a viable alternative.

If anyone also knows of a photo/ files hosting app that integrates well with the iPad could you enlighten me. I am using the smug mug app as I have a paid site with them- but it's quite tedious to upload pics.

I would like something that can resize images to web friendly size and upload that version to photo hosting site which gives me links to use in forums such as this :-)

Any help appreciated