User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  11

View Poll Results: Do you own/use a tablet?

Voters
125. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

94 75.20%
  • No

31 24.80%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you own/use a tablet?

Administrator
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mongo View Post
    Yes, the vet gave Mongo a massive rectangular one which he happily ate. However, It does not seem to have helped or changed Mongo at all........
    no more worms!
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My fiancee and I purchased a Toshiba Thrive 10" tablet for when we went overseas last year. It served its purpose really well. We went that way over an iPad or Galaxy Tab due to its much tougher construction and connectivity. Full size USB & HDMI ports came in very handy and the thicker tough rubber exterior was a godsend as it copped abuse while we back-packed around Europe.

We haven't really used it since we came home though...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wife has an iPad and we both have iPhones.....as well as a 27inch iMac and Macbookpro.....the iPad is used mostly by the wife for general browsing, social media, reading books ect (just about everything actually ) and the phones in a similar fashion (all connected to the homes wireless network) with an App for just about everything.....the iMac and Macbook really only get used for image editing, graphic work and writing articles.......for all the Apple users out there grab a Apple TV module and plug into your telly, once connected through the network to your other Apple devices opens up a whole new range of possibilities.....we regularly use the ipad to veiw tv channels through apps(lots of good shows available that are never aired) and stream straight to the TV with it (ABC iview, SBS ect) and all tv series and movies we download just drop straight into itunes and play on the tv....wonderful little piece of gadgetry
    Canon 7D, Canon EF 24-105mm f4L, Canon 16-35mm f2.8L, Canon EF 50mm f1.4, Tokina 11-16mm f2.8
    Manfrotto 190XPROB + Vanguard Ball Head + Kenova fluid pan head
    Kirk Enterprises Low Pod + Manfrotto 410 Geared Head + Velbon Super Mag Slider
    GoPro Hero2
    Bags, Cases and lots of other bibs and bobs

Amor fati!
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have an andriod tablet, but i havent used it for ages. these days i use my andriod phone instead... FB, twitter, email forums, ebay, all sorts of apps and general surfing.... all the time.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a Nexus 7 (mine) and a Ipad (wifes), plus a smart phone each.

I use my tablet for most emails, some forum reading (except this one as the mobile alternative for it SUCKS BIG TIME so I don't bother).
    "Nature photography is about choosing a location, crawling through dirt, being bitten by insects and occasionally taking a great image". - Wayne Eddy.

Canon 5D MkIII, Canon 7D, 17-40mm f/4L,
    24-105mm f/4L
    + Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS +400mm f/5.6L + Canon 1.4xTC + Canon 100 EF f2.8 USM + 430-EX

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bought a cheap one, from kmart, thinking it would be ok for when i'm out of the house, checking radar etc.... within two weeks the plug where the charger goes died, and they wouldn't replace it because they said I was overly rough with it..... so now I'm without, and can't afford a new one. :-/
    Happy to take all constructive Critique, please don't rework or edit my photos. Thanks!

Canon 6D, 2 Canon 50D's gripped, Canon 1000D, Canon 70-200 F2.8 ( non IS),Canon 70-200 2.8, Canon 24-70 2.8, Sigma 85 1.4, Canon 50mm F1.8.. yongnuo speedlights and triggers, and manfrotto tripods.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had an ipad for about 6 months now, and love it. Never thought I would use one. Bought for studies I'm doing, but I use it for reading books, magazines and surfing web when not around pc. I think its a great gadget. Only a wi-fi one but if im at work and want to look at something on web, I put my phone on hotspot and ipad surfs web great.

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have had the Samsung Galaxy 4 phone for a few months now and loving it. Got a Galaxy Note 10.1" 1914 edition the other week to go with it.
    Still learning to use it, but my photo's come up beautifully on it

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yummymummy View Post
    .... within two weeks the plug where the charger goes died, and they wouldn't replace it because they said I was overly rough with it..... so now I'm without, and can't afford a new one. :-/
    To rough? Yeah sure, more like to much work for kmart.
    Have you thought about going directly to the manufacturer?
    Last edited by Mark L; 20-03-2014 at 9:46pm. Reason: delete site double post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 and I like using with the dslr controller app on the tablet wired to my camera when I'm stacking a macro pictures. This be done wirelessly if an extra android device like a phone or if a mobile router is plugged in instead of the tablet so that this device can create a mobile hotspot to communicate with the tablet to control the camera. Too much friggin' around so a usb connection is good enough for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SirLozalot View Post
    Same problem for me. 2 fingers doesnt fix. Maybe I should ask my 6 year old...
    I have the same issue on an android, I can only scroll ones that are attachments, not linked ones. My work around is (using Firefox) to touch and hold the image until a menu comes up. From there I can either open the link in a new tab, or I can copy the image location, open a new tab and paste it into the address bar. I usually prefer to do this as it only shows me the photo, whereas opening the link shows me the whole page the photo is on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, had an iPad since when the iPad 2 was released. Now have an iPad Mini (retina) and it's pretty sweet, big upgrade from the iPad 2 (which I didn't have any complaints with).

It's funny that I most liked doing photography related stuff on my iPhone 4. Then I went to a Note 2 to try out Android... my photo-related productivity dropped to maybe 1/10 or less than what I was previously doing (meaning I was taking less pictures, editing less pictures, etc.) Now I'm using the iPad Mini and it's crazy how I just want to use it so much more than any Android tablet.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have an iPad 2, iPhone 4 & iPhone 5 for non-desktop stuff. My wife is the main user of the iPad but I can see me getting one too - the laptop is too big for my lap and setting up a card table in front of the lounge chair seems redundant (although I do it)
    Steve

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The other day I asked my daughter if she had a newspaper and after lecturing me on the electronic age V's the old paper days she handed me her I-Pad ---------------------------- Boy that fly didn't know what hit him.
    LOL
    Keith.

Moderately Underexposed
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    she handed me her I-Pad ---------------------------- Boy that fly didn't know what hit him.
    Andrew
    Nikon, Fuji, Nikkor, Sigma, Tamron, Tokina and too many other bits and pieces to list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Speedway, I needed that laugh, cheers

I have a Samsung Note 10.1. As I'm FIFO, and signed up to study it was the cheapest option last year. Unfortunately, doesn't work on my uni stuff, so that's delayed that a bit longer until I can get a laptop (tax refund turned into a bill I'm still paying :-(). But it's good for playing on and will act as screened modem when laptop becomes mine

Sent from my GT-N8020 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Microsoft surface pro which I use when travelling to download and do a basic sort of photos. This works very well for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have an IPad, bought it for the Retina display. Very handy for on the go stuff and viewing photos, much less frustrating to use than the IPhone for web surfing.. Can't come close to replacing a real computer or laptop for me though.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fenderstrat1963 View Post
    We have an iPad 2, iPhone 4 & iPhone 5 for non-desktop stuff. My wife is the main user of the iPad but I can see me getting one too - the laptop is too big for my lap and setting up a card table in front of the lounge chair seems redundant (although I do it)
    You might consider something like a Nexus 7.

I have one and find t indispensable due to the sheer size, weight and frame dimensions. Even with the cover on I can fit it in my back pocket. The newer 2013 model (as did the 2012 one?) had really good screen res.

The N7 is perfect for bed time reading too, as it is light and when combined with the Android only ScreenDimmer app, you can read in total darkness even at 2am without hurting your eyes or waking your partner. I trialled a new model Ipad Mini for a couple of months and the N7 wins hands up. The Ipad or Mini version is so heavy in comparison you have to put your hands down.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by enduro View Post
    You might consider something like a Nexus 7.
    Thanks for that enduro, I'll have a look at one.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast