User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  11

View Poll Results: Do you own/use a tablet?

Voters
125. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

94 75.20%
  • No

31 24.80%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you own/use a tablet?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only person who loves/uses my Ipad more is my 4yr old In my family it gets used CONSTANTLY! Currently in negotiations to get another.

Cheers
    Danny

Former Username : Wetpixels
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Android here - Motorola Xoom. Gave my small Win7 netbook computer for it. Love it.
    80D, 600D, EFS 60mm Macro, Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM Lens - Contemporary, Sigma 18-250mm 1:3.5-6.3 DC Macro OS HSM lens, EF-S 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 IS STM lens, EF-S 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 IS II lens, EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II lens, Yongnuo YN500EX flash, Velbon Sherpa 5370D tripod, PH-157Q head, Klika W1003 monopod, AF Macro Extension tubes, LED Ringflash Software: Darktable, Gimp, DigiKam

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    iPad user here. Great device.
    -- Mister Q

Moderately Underexposed
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A Bex and a lie down works for me.

I think that you may need to be near geriatric like me to get the meaning of that one.
    Andrew
    Nikon, Fuji, Nikkor, Sigma, Tamron, Tokina and too many other bits and pieces to list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I @ M View Post
    A Bex and a lie down works for me.

I think that you may need to be near geriatric like me to get the meaning of that one.
    Hmmm....worryingly I know what you are talking about ....but then I went into an antique shop the other week and they were selling things I still use....same when I went to one of those 'Early Australian' museum type places (You know, the 'olde' mining town things that every country town seems to have these days).
    Anyway, back OT. I use an ipad2 and my wife uses an Android tablet. About the only thing the PC is used for these days is image processing, and that's only because of the big screen. The Macbook is simply to small for my ageing eyes.
    Last edited by wanderer51; 13-06-2013 at 9:00pm. Reason: spelling
    Canon 550D/7D - Canon 24mm IS USM - Sigma 10-20mm - Canon 15-85 IS USM - Sigma 28-300mm | RS60E3 cable remote | B&W ND110, Hoya CPL, ND2, ND8, Cokin P series H250A GND 'kit' | An embarrassingly cheap SLIK tripod.
    Software: PS CS5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well.. If I ripped off my laptop screen, close enough! Even though this topic says 'do you use' I was wondering if anyone has the Samsung tab 2 10.1" and what they think about it?
    Life is short, Keep snapping!
    CC always welcome
    Nikon D5100 | Nikon D7100 | Bits and pieces. | Some glass here and there.

Photo Bizarro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No interest TBH..
    My name is John.
    www.jrfraser.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warus View Post
    For those with iPads do you have trouble displaying the full photos on this forum? When I use mine the right side is cut off on nearly every photo. Other forums just re-size but here it is just simply missing.
    Quote Originally Posted by nwhc View Post
    Use 2 fingers to scroll sideways.
    Same problem for me. 2 fingers doesnt fix. Maybe I should ask my 6 year old...
    Lauri

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewvid View Post
    Well.. If I ripped off my laptop screen, close enough! Even though this topic says 'do you use' I was wondering if anyone has the Samsung tab 2 10.1" and what they think about it?
    I have the note 10.1, I think its great. Started using it with a free app to remote control my camera.
    I think the only fault I have on it is the position of the charger plug, as its at the bottom in landscape mode. But I'm sure you could get a different case to flip it 180 degree
    Have an object that got click when i press a button!
    My Flickr

Psst... The name is "David"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Am browsing now on the IPad. My husband bought it initially and I couldn't see the use in it, but now I am converted. I use it for email, as an ereader, to amuse the kids when we are waiting for appointments and as a web browser. Love it now and would also replace it if it broke.
    D800 Nikon 70-200 VR II, Nikon 105 2.8, Nikon 24-120 f4,
    Sigma 85mm 1.4, Sigma 50mm 1.4, Sigma 35mm 1.4 DG HSM

Administrator
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SirLozalot View Post
    Same problem for me. 2 fingers doesnt fix. Maybe I should ask my 6 year old...
    Use the fingers spread apart..like a V sign, not together.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    iPad user here and loving it. I use it for my emails (both home and work), as an Ereader, play games, look up the weather /tides and a whole lot more things.

I particularly wanted it for my little portrait business and use it for:

* Displaying colour swatches to clients so that they get an idea of co-ordinating clothes for the family.
    * Posing ideas - I bought a posing app that has tons of portrait poses for individuals, couples and groups. I can use this when I am on a shoot for inspiration.
    * I have a portfolio of my images to show potential clients various styles of shooting and editing.

Now I have to get me an iphone to use it to it's full potential.
    CAMERA: Nikon D800, Nikon D7000
    LENSES: AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8, Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Macro, Sigma 10 - 20mm F/4 - 5.6, Sigma 150 - 500mm F/5 - 6.3 APO DG OS, Nikkor 18 - 200mm F/3.5 - 5.6 VRII,
    Sigma 70 - 200mm f/2.8 APO EX DG OS, Tamron SP 24 - 70mm f/2.8 Di VC USD, Sigma 85mm F/1.4 EX DG, Nikkor AF-S 16-35mm F/4 ED VR, Nikkor AF-S 200-500 f/5..6E ED VR
    MY WEBSITES: www.nawimages.com, http://nelliewajzerphotography.smugmug.com/, http://NellieWajzerPhotography.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I voted yes because I thought you meant a graphics tablet like Wacom lol - I do have one of the other variety but find I don't use it much, it has a Windows 7 operating system and I used to use it for digital scarpbooking with a group of other women but I don't go very often any more. I think I will probably pass it on to my son.
    Jodie

Gear - Canon EOS 7D, EOS 6D, 24-105 F4, 70-200 F2.8L IS, Canon EF 100mm 2.8 Macro, Sigma 10-20mm, nifty fifty, EF2xII, 580EX, 430EXII, EFx2 III and a long wishlist

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use an iPad mini awesome little tablet, especially for controlling my Canon 6D!
    6D | 600D | 10-22mm ƒ3.5-4.5 USM | 24-105mm ƒ4L USM | 40mm ƒ2.8 STM | 50mm ƒ1.8 | 55-250 ƒ4.5-5.6 II
    View my Flickr images

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Samsung Note for me. Bought it for travel as my netbook was soooo slow. Put my photos on it until my OTG connector died. Not a readily available item in Europe, so no looking at the pics at the end of each day. Great for writing notes etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have an iPad Mini (replacing my iPad classic). It is great as an eReader and email and browsing device when travelling. It is great for maps and info when in a new location (or not). It is also great for keeping all of your equipment manuals in one place. I am gradually loading all of my camera and other equipment manuals.

I also just bought a piece of kit called a Camranger which allows remote control of my D800 from my iPad or MacBook (PC interface not available yet). Very cool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Kindle which I love....and you can use calibre to change other formats to correct format for most books. I have been looking into getting a ipad or Samsung Note 10.1 specifically for dumping photos on weekend shoots etc and hopefully for a bit of post-processing. However, advice I've received is that tablets are not suitable for this purpose and that I really need to go up to a laptop for the purpose which adds weight when travelling. Has anyone used them successfully for this purpose or is the advice correct????

Former Username : Wetpixels
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gabby View Post
    I have a Kindle which I love....and you can use calibre to change other formats to correct format for most books. I have been looking into getting a ipad or Samsung Note 10.1 specifically for dumping photos on weekend shoots etc and hopefully for a bit of post-processing. However, advice I've received is that tablets are not suitable for this purpose and that I really need to go up to a laptop for the purpose which adds weight when travelling. Has anyone used them successfully for this purpose or is the advice correct????
    Depends on how you intend to transfer data to the camera. Some tablets don't have USB ports at all. So that have USB ports but won't connect to external drives or card readers. The ones that do work, do it via USB OTG (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB_On-The-Go). I don't know whether they will connect direct to the cameras or not. Just a thought, a Wifi enabled camera or memory card might work, haven't tried it.

A. P's Culinary Indiscriminant
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, the vet gave Mongo a massive rectangular one which he happily ate. However, It does not seem to have helped or changed Mongo at all........
    Nikon and Pentax user

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mongo View Post
    Yes, the vet gave Mongo a massive rectangular one which he happily ate. However, It does not seem to have helped or changed Mongo at all........
    I think this may be because you weren't supposed to eat it but insert it. Possibly Rick was trying to explain the method when he said earlier "Use the fingers spread apart..like a V sign, not together."

"If you want to be a better photographer, stand in front of more interesting stuff.” — Jim Richardson

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast