User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  11

View Poll Results: Do you own/use a tablet?

Voters
125. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

94 75.20%
  • No

31 24.80%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you own/use a tablet?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Do you own/use a tablet?

Do you own/use a tablet. No matter if it is an iPad, android, windows tablet, or another brand/type.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have an iPad, and I usually use it to check this forum and browse other web sites Ever since I got my iPad, I can't be bothered to start my computer for easy stuff. Now my computer is for processing photos and make some documents/presentations for work.
    Miyuki

Nikon D7000 and bits and bobs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have an iPad, I didn't think I would use it much and was worried it would be a waste of money but I have had it for around 6 weeks now and I love it. I do just about everything on my iPad and hardly boot up my laptop anymore..

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use a 7" tablet but as a book reader rather than anything else. It has all sorts of books on it, plus all my photography and camera manuals and photographic articles.

I use it when I'm waiting at the doctor's or any other sort of waiting, and also so that I can read on planes, trains etc. It's not on a plan so I can't use the 'net except wirelessly at home. It's just better than a kindle as I can read anything - PDFs, Docs - whatever, and as it's Android rather than Apple I'm not locked into their restrictive ecosystem!

"If you want to be a better photographer, stand in front of more interesting stuff.” — Jim Richardson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't own a tablet yet, but I'm waiting for an opportunity to justify the expense. That'll be when we head to the US in August...

My laptop is a behemoth at around 7kg - needed it for work travel - but there's no way I'm carting that around when I don't need to! I'm planning on buying an Android tablet, as I'm philosophically opposed to Apple's business model, and would rather have access to tens of thousands of free applications anyway. I plan to use it primarily for internet access whilst travelling (email & web) but no doubt it'll come in handy as an e-Reader and mobile games platform as well. I doubt it'll ever replace my desktop (too many 'power' applications I need to use) but I can see myself surfing the net whilst sitting on front of the TV (and my wife complaining about it at the same time!).
    --
    Nikon D90
    Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II, Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G
    Nikon SB-700 Speedlight
    RRS BH-55 Ballhead & B2 AS II Clamp
    (no legs yet)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tried them all.

I have an iPad, have had an Android Phone, work gives me Blackberry's but my choice is Windows Phone. I have a Samsung Focus with 7.8 and I love it. If only the Nokia Lumia 920 had an SD slot I would upgrade in a heartbeat.

A royal pain in the bum! arthurking83's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got a couple of tablets.

Don't really use them much for surfing, especially forum browsing .. I need a real keyboard for forum browsing.

Although, even for general browsing, where not much typing is required, I still prefer the faster operations available on the PC when I'm at home.
    Nikon D800E, D300, D70s
    {Nikon}; -> 50/1.2 : 500/8 : 105/2.8VR Micro : 180/2.8 ais : 105mm f/1.8 ais : 24mm/2 ais
    {Sigma}; ->10-20/4-5.6 : 50/1.4 : 12-24/4.5-5.6II : 150-600mm|S
    {Tamron}; -> 17-50/2.8 : 28-75/2.8 : 70-200/2.8 : 300/2.8 SP MF : 24-70/2.8VC

{Yongnuo}; -> YN35/2N : YN50/1.8N

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have an Ipad 2 and love it. Read the newspaper on it easier than reading a paper with my old eyes! So easy to use, again my main computer is for heavy photo processing work these days. Thought the Ipad was a touch big for travel so also got an Ipad Mini which we took overseas. Ideal size for travel, watching movies on the plane etc and just to slip in a carry around bag as you wander around overseas. Quickly hook onto free wifi were ever you are with it and straight away online.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just bought an Android 7" Media Pad yesterday, I still cant access AP on the bloody thing , Cant find the log in box on the browser Little bit different to the PC Windows Explorer , I did buy it to do just general browsing without starting the PC , What is Tapatalk ? Think that is where I'm going wrong

PS : Hang on , My son William just got home and sorted it out for me , Woo Hoo !!! Boy I've got some learning to do
    Last edited by William; 18-03-2013 at 6:17pm.
    Canon : 30D, and sometimes the 5D mkIII , Sigma 10-20, 50mm 1.8, Canon 24-105 f4 L , On loan Sigma 120-400 DG and Canon 17 - 40 f4 L , Cokin Filters

Administrator
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    I just bought an Android 7" Media Pad yesterday, I still cant access AP on the bloody thing , Cant find the log in box on the browser Little bit different to the PC Windows Explorer , I did buy it to do just general browsing without starting the PC , What is Tapatalk ? Think that is where I'm going wrong

PS : Hang on , My son William just got home and sorted it out for me , Woo Hoo !!! Boy I've got some learning to do
    what is it they say about old farts and sensitive electronic equipment Bill....

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tablet or the like? Well, no I have not got any such device, but I have seen 1000s using them almost everywhere. Instead, I have a Bex and a good lie down.
    A(h!)m.
    CC, Image editing OK.

Site Rules Breach - Permanent Ban
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I seriously couldn't be without my iPad. If I dropped it and broke it, I'd be out to buy one within an hour.

Ausphotography Regular Brian500au's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have Ipad 3. I use it for many different reasons. When I am out photographing I couple it with a eyefi card in my camera - great for previewing as I shoot.

When i travel i use it both for reading books and as my general web surfer.

Last but not least it is a great tourist camera when I could not be bothered carrying my DSLR.
    www.kjbphotography.com.au

1DxII, EOS R, 200-400 f4L Ext, 100-400 f4.5-5.6L II, 70-200 F4IS, 24-70 F2.8 II, 16-35 F4IS

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ipad mini for my wife. I don't own one personally but voted yes cos I guess there's one in the household.
    Nikon FX + m43
    davophoto.wordpress.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have an ipad, but would love to get my hands on a Microsoft surface pro.

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    iPad 2 and iPhone 4S here. Love the iPad for reading, I've got reference books stored on it via iBooks, it's great that you can have your favourite reference books propped up and available whilst sewing, or taking photos Use to use it for web surfing, but found it too clunky for serious forum interaction, it's ability to handle uploading images to forums is horrible, as is it's ability to catalogue and store them. Went back to using a MacBook Air, cheers Deb

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have an Ipad, I don't use it at all. Gave it to my wife so I could officially uninstall iTunes from my PC.

William: - Use Chrome for Android, It's a far better browser then the stock Android Browser.
    Greg Bartle,
    I have a Pentax and I'm not afraid to use it.
    Pentax K5
    Sigma 10-20 | Tamron 17-50 F:2.8 | Sigma 50 F:1.4 | Sigma 70-200 F:2.8 Plus a bunch of Ye Olde lenses

Would you like to see more?
    http://flickr.com/photosbygreg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, new iPad. Use it for forum browsing about 90% of the time

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD😀
    Successful People Make Adjustments - Evander Holyfield

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For those with iPads do you have trouble displaying the full photos on this forum? When I use mine the right side is cut off on nearly every photo. Other forums just re-size but here it is just simply missing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warus View Post
    For those with iPads do you have trouble displaying the full photos on this forum? When I use mine the right side is cut off on nearly every photo. Other forums just re-size but here it is just simply missing.
    Use 2 fingers to scroll sideways.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast