User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  5
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Canon 7d or the Canon 5d mark2?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After reading all the advice about not upgrading till you know your current camera and own style better...I say that I agree! http://fstoppers.com/iphone is an example of 'a better camera doesn't necessarily take better photos'
    Take your time and make sure you know what you want from your camera before upgrading...what's the rush? Just have fun!
    Last edited by Dachimas; 23-03-2013 at 1:52am.
    Canon 5d mkII l Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L l Canon 16-35mm f/2.8L l Canon 85mm f/1.8 l 580EXII l Manfrotto 190XB l Manfrotto 322RC2 head l Lee filters

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Molly

I also believe you should stick with the one you have. It maybe only an entry level (I say only with a grain of salt) camera but as said before you can get some great images out of an entry level camera. I still have only 1 DSLR and it is an entry level unit. You can learn all you need to learn about the art of photography with the one you have.
    Once you understand ISO, aperture and shutter speed you can create all sorts of wonderful images. But don't forget the need to learn to post process. But first learn the camera.
    Mat.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] K-x, Sigma 18 - 125, Vivitar 100 - 300, RICOH KR10Super & KR10M (film), Filters, Tubes
    Flickr, RedBubble, Facebook

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mat View Post
    Hi Molly

I also believe you should stick with the one you have. It maybe only an entry level (I say only with a grain of salt) camera but as said before you can get some great images out of an entry level camera. I still have only 1 DSLR and it is an entry level unit. You can learn all you need to learn about the art of photography with the one you have.
    Once you understand ISO, aperture and shutter speed you can create all sorts of wonderful images. But don't forget the need to learn to post process. But first learn the camera.
    Well said!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would argue (because I like to) that there is one reason to get the newer body - and that's if you're going to be in a fast paced, time limited situation. Having the dual dials and easier to access functions of the better body will help your reaction time.

That said, you're not going to be shooting a wedding just yet, so you probably won't need this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    personally, I would exploit what you currently have. Use all the features/functions on your existing camera. Play with manual everything - focus, aperture, speed. Learn photography. I am not saying you dont know how to take a photo but there is so much more than kit. I am delving in to an upgrade from a Pentax K20D to Canon 5dM3. What i want and what I need are two very different worlds. I know a 5D M3 will be brilliant, but so will other bodies. This level of kit is near pro standard.
    I was once told the following
    "an expert can make brilliant photos from any camera while a beginner will make poor photos from the best kit'.
    Photo quality is about how you see & can use the kit available. Buying a Phase One 80Mb camera does not guarantee perfet photos.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12