• I am left handed and right eyed

2 4.88%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are you a Lefty or Righty

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My left eye is very short sighted My right eye is failing with age. I wear glasses normally but have to take them off to take photos and until I get my pics on computer really not sure if they are sharp from looking at my camera screen But still enjoy doing it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's an interesting concept which I've never considered.

I'm right handed & footed but at various times I did teach myself to be write right handed (accident to right hand) and kick left footed (playing Full Forward, none of these banana kick shenanigans - just kick the bloody thing straight )

I hadn't considered eyes wouldn't just line up with the dominant hand. Certainly in my case looking through a view finder, telescope or rifle sight feels odd.

From your tested I'm also right eye dominant, but just got my wife to try it and she's right handed but left eye dominant, maybe that's why she throws like a girl and can't read maps to save herself (unless its the store directory in Chadstone of course)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Option for ~ambi/left eye?

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right handed and Left eyed. Good for people to know, found this out years ago, using small arms, the military does testing to sort out your eye dominance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm Right hand and eye, but I shoot pool with both eyes open, shoot camera with both eyes open (left open helps to keep an eye on the whole whilst compressing reality with the right) and shoot both Archery and rifles with both eyes too.
    Greg Bartle,
    I have a Pentax and I'm not afraid to use it.
    Pentax K5
    Sigma 10-20 | Tamron 17-50 F:2.8 | Sigma 50 F:1.4 | Sigma 70-200 F:2.8 Plus a bunch of Ye Olde lenses

Would you like to see more?
    http://flickr.com/photosbygreg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I pushed the right handed and left eye dominant button on the poll but after doing another check it seems I'm actually right handed and right eye dominant. Think something must be disabled (?) between brain/eye/viewfinder because I can see through the viewfinder much better with my left eye. I can use my right eye but need to shut the left eye to stop seeing double!

I seem to remember back when I first started taking photos that I did used to use my right eye but for some long forgotten-reason changed to the left!
    Carole

Canon 550D|Canon 15-85mm|Canon 70-300mm|Canon 100mm f2.8 macro|50mm f1.8 II|
    Sony NEX 6|Sony 16-50mm| Sony 55-210mm|Sony RX100
    www.carolelloydphotography.com

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm predominantly left handed and left eye dominant but do all fine motor skill tasks (eg writing) right handed.
    AKA Andrew P.
    Gear: Nikon D7100, Nikon D90, Nikon 18-105mm VR, Nikon 70-300mm VR, Sigma 150-500mm APO DG OS, , Sigma 105mm f/2.8 EX DG OS HSM, Tamron 90mm Macro Di, SB400 speedlight, SB700 speedlight, Nikon DR-6, Panasonic FH20, and all sorts of stuff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my wife and I was talking about this a few weeks ago I am right handed but I use my left eye

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, there you go.....I am not part of the majority.....I too am right handed and use my left eye. During a few tests on some rangefinder cameras, I found it so hard to use my right eye but they say that in street photography it is nearly essential as you can still then see what is happening with the left eye and the right eye is in the viewfinder.
    Monika
    Equipment: Canon 60D, Nikon FE, Nikkor 50mm 1.8 lens, Fancier FT-662A tripod, 18-55mm kit lens, 55-250mm kit lens, 30mm 1.4 Sigma lens, LR4, PS Elements
    Check out my Flickr photos ... http://www.flickr.com/photos/missmonny/
    ... and then you can like me on www.facebook.com/PhotoByMB or see my shop on http://www.redbubble.com/people/msmonny

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12