User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  11

Thread: Tip can chase rabbits all day now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tip can chase rabbits all day now

As a lot of you know we have (had) two dogs, which are like children to us.
    Tip, our Jack Russell gave his life this afternoon protecting the yard from a brown snake. We are devastated. He was a typical Jack Russell, and we always knew he would be taken by a snake, as much as we had tried to "snake Proof" his back yard, it did not work. The strange thing is I dreamed two nights ago that Tip had been bitten and the last person he saw was his very favourite vet, and this afternoon as I was napping I woke, again dreaming about a brown snake , to find him gone in the back legs. .....And it had been a beautiful day too, Tip had sunbathed all morning. Our small gum tree did not survive me backing into it either! Sorry to drop this on you all, as I know you have your own lives, but I needed to get it out there.
    Di
    D300s and D60. Nikkor 35mm 1.8 & 50mm 1.8, 18-55mm & 55-200mm; Sigma 10-20 F4-5.6; Tamron 90mm, Elements 8
    ...........................................................................................C&C is always welcome......................................................................

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Oh, Wayne and Di, so sad. I feel for you both (and your remaining dog who will also be missing their best friend). Take care!
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is nothing harder than loosing a dog in any way ... But this must be devastating for you guys.
    My condolences to you both and for Tips doggie friend who is left behind. Like you said he can now chase rabbits all day
    They are beautiful friends who are often here for only a short time ...
    Love and heartfelt thoughts
    Cargo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thats a real shame Takira. I just don`t like snakes.
    Graeme
    "May the good Lord look down and smile upon your face"......Norman Gunston___________________________________________________
    Nikon: D7000, D80, 12-24 f4, 17-55 f2.8, 18-135, 70-300VR, 35f2, SB 400, SB 600, TC-201 2x converter. Tamron: 90 macro 2.8 Kenko ext. tubes. Photoshop CS2.

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Bugga

Sounds like you where a little prepared for this. Don't help though.
    You'll remember the good times (eventually).

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People who don't have pets cannot always relate to the way we feel when we lose them. I have shed more tears over the deaths of my cats than I have ever shed following a human death. I feel for you and hope that eventually you will remember the bright memories and let today's unhappiness slip away.

"If you want to be a better photographer, stand in front of more interesting stuff.” — Jim Richardson

Still in the Circle of Confusion Cage's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How upsetting for you.

I know how devastated I'd be if something happened to my girl, even though she's in disgrace at present.
    Cheers
    Kev

Nikon D810: D600 (Astro Modded): D7200 and 'stuff', lots of 'stuff'

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel for you both. I too have lost dogs over the years and know the pain. My sympathy to you both.
    Keith.

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vale brave Tip, protector and defender to the end. I have feral neighbours on my back fence, weeds waist high, chooks, geese, ducks - I've fenced off the area close to my back door so that Yanni (my IG) can't get down to the back fence because I'm very worried about snakes, and she'd never survive a snake bite. Tip is now running free at the Rainbow Bridge with lots of beautiful friends, deepest sympathy and hugs to you all, cheers Deb

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My sincerest condolences to you, our smallest friends are always with us for too short a time.
    Andrew

Mostly Canon gear

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you all who have expressed their condolences so far, I really appreciate it, and it does help to know that others have given my boy and us a passing thought. Kira (Border Collie) is very lost today, but I am dog sitting my nephews little dog, so that is helping both of us. It is way too quiet though.

Di

Site Rules Breach - Permanent Ban
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am so very sorry for your loss, I know just how incredibly painful such a loss is. Through the pain and through the tears try and think of the lovely life that you gave him and think of all the positiveness that he brought to you in the gift that he was.

Cuddle and hold Kira tight, Kira would know that something is amiss and you have him or her now to utterly be devoted to and cherish and love.

I know the pain that you’re going through, it will ebb in its awfulness in the days to follow. I can’t say anything else, it's just awful losing a cherished dog.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So sorry, Di..I have 2 dogs myself and couldn't bear to lose either..especially to a snake! My thoughts to you both and to poor Kira.
    D610 and D90 with a 16-35mm f/4,a 70-200mm f/4 ,a 300mm f/4 +TC11 convertor, 18-200mmDX and 85mm micro Dx.

Sally...CC always appreciated

My Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/salnel