User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1

Thread: Printing a photobook... advice on upload methods

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Printing a photobook... advice on upload methods

I create an annual photobook (for grandparents etc). I am working on the 2012 book. I have previously just had jpegs and used the BigW online printing. I only switched to using RAW at the end of 2012, so most of the photos are jpegs already.

I want to start using a higher quality printer, so that the albums last a lot longer. I also want to start taking the time to properly PP all the photos before they go into the photobook. (Using lightroom).

I have decided to try Snapfish this year, it has a very similiar upload system to the BigW. I upload all of my photos and then play around with layouts.

Now for my question:
    I have read about using lightroom to create the photobook, and then export each page as a jpeg, which can then be uploaded to Snapfish. I like this method because it would be much more efficient and save me heaps of time.

However would this create quality issues? I am concerned that the Jpegs that I upload won't be of good enough quality.
    Cass
    I switched my camera off auto in November 2012, and I have been busy reading and learning and practicing ever since.
    My kit is basic: Canon 1000D (two kit lenses) + 50mm f/1.8 + a tripod/monopod + Lightroom4

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    it depends on the quality of your photos etc and the settings you use to save the page as a JPG.

"It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography