Well I'm again looking at insurance, specifically because if I make any money from my hobby, it seems that my cover on my H&C policy may not cover me (yet to be confirmed but in any case it would be a risk).
So I was just reading the policy of a widely recommended company and was surprised to find what I did. Source PPIB http://www.photoinsurance.com.au/doc...t%20Policy.pdf
Now point 4 seems to me that for most dSLR gear they could reject just about ANY water damage claim if you're outside. That is a big one for me shooting outdoor events!EXCLUSIONS
This policy does not cover loss, damage, liability or expense directly or indirectly caused by or contributed to by or arising from:
2. Rainwater run-off over the surface of the land, unless caused by water escaping from any pipe, water or drainage system destroyed or damaged by a storm or caused by blockage, failure or inadequacy of any stormwater drain or street gutter;
3. Actions of the sea, tidal wave, sea spray or high water;
4. Water damage to Equipment or any other item insured by this policy, resulting from exposure to the open air outside the limits specified by the manufacturer of the Equipment or item;
5. Theft or misappropriation of Equipment or any other item insured by this policy by hirers or employees;
6. Theft without forcible and violent entry to a securely locked premises or motor vehicle;
Point 6 I also find very interesting. I'm often out and about and it seems that a snatch and run type theft, of if my gear goes walkabout while I'm busy shooting at an event wouldn't be covered. I note that I think this is the same company that many had mentioned not covering gear taken from a car in the early hours of the morning (that seems to have disappeared from the policy).
Interested to know what others thoughts are on these policy exclusions, and their thoughts on other providers.