Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  2

Thread: Help - Problem accessing Ausphotography web site on Android tablet

Sanctuary Point - 2 hours south of Sydney
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help - Problem accessing Ausphotography web site on Android tablet

I am unable to get to the Ausphotgraphy site on my android tablet. Has anyone else had this problem. when I type in the url www.ausphotography.net.au - it automatically changes to http://ausphotography.net.au/forum/home.php This is exactly the same as on my desktop computer, which I am using now. All I get is a blank white screen. I have no problems with other sites and I am working through the same modem (wireless). I am operating Android 4.1.2 with the pre-installed Google browser.
    Brian

My two pet hates are male chauvanists and women who won't do as they are told

Canon 60D - Canon 17-40mm f4 L USM - Canon 70 - 200mm F4 L IS USM - CANON 24-105MM f4 IS USM - Sigma EF-500 DG Super Flash - Lightroom 4.4 - Photo Elements 11 ****

It's all about the Light!
    Tech Admin
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.ausphotography.net.au/for...port-statement

I can't test that platform, but there is nothing intrinsic stopping the site working.
    regards, Kym Gallery Honest & Direct Constructive Critique Appreciated! ©
    Digital & film, Bits of glass covering 10mm to 500mm, and other stuff

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    just checked my samsung galaxy note 10.1 and via my S3 and I can access the site. have you tried turning the tablet off and on? They need a reset about once a week.
    Last edited by ricktas; 08-03-2013 at 4:33pm.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the interim you could try using Tapatalk. I access the forum using this app.

Ged

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am having the same issue with my Samsung Galaxy S3 phone since it updated. It is now Android 4.1.2.
    I am using dolphin browser. Before update no problems. Now I just get a hang up on a white screen, same as Briancd.

Interestingly my Samsung 7.7 tab connects fine through the above phone set up as a wifi hotspot. Tab has android 4.0.4.

I have reset the phone, checked settings etc. all other site seem to work fine.

what android are you running Rick?
    Anyone else connecting with android 4.1.2?
    Last edited by mpb; 15-03-2013 at 10:20am.
    Mark

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mpb View Post
    I am having the same issue with my Samsung Galaxy S3 phone since it updated. It is now Android 4.1.2.
    I am using dolphin browser. Before update no problems. Now I just get a hang up on a white screen, same as Briancd.

Interestingly my Samsung 7.7 tab connects fine through the above phone set up as a wifi hotspot. Tab has android 4.0.4.

I have reset the phone, checked settings etc. all other site seem to work fine.

what android are you running Rick?
    Anyone else connecting with android 4.1.2?
    in Dolphin browser change the settings to 'view as desktop'. Dophin will hang if you try and view the site from a mobile phone as a 'mobile' cause Dolphin sees the site mobile skin and gets confused and hangs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Rick, that solved my problem with Dolphin, but it stills hangs when using the default browser. Looks like the setting was reset during upgrade.

I don't know if there is a similar setting in the default browser. Briancd, l can recommended Dolphin browser, much better than the default.
    Last edited by mpb; 15-03-2013 at 1:14pm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys,

I thought I would dig this one up again - I am also having the same issues using Chrome on an Android tablet running 4.0.4 (unfortunately, my tablet cannot be upgraded unless I root it).

Did anyone find a fix?

EDIT - I should read what others have written above - 'Request Desktop Site' has fixed the problem. Considering I use my tablet like a desktop for web browsing anyway, this is perfect!!!!

Cheers
    Last edited by hoffy; 10-11-2013 at 10:40am.