User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Which waterproof point and shoot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which waterproof point and shoot

I have mate going to Thailand soon and wants to do some underwater shots as well as general walk around shots. He's tossing up between the Lumix TF4, the Olympus TH820 and the Nikon AW100. Has anyone had any experience with these or any other similar

Mark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got the Olympus TG-820 and was impressed with its performance. Didnt try the others but they all seem very similar in featurers. The Olympus had a cover over the lens when not used which the others I looked at did not.

Some examples of shots can been seen here http://mpb.smugmug.com/Holidays/Sout...8444&k=K6SbJm5 and the next page, just check the photo info (the i symbol when you hover over the shot) to check the camera used. The underwater ones are obvious, the seal on the rocks is a good example of non underwater shot.
    Mark

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to TG-810. I haven't really used it to the limit or even close to the limit of its water proofing or shock factors but it's ok. Decent pics in bright light and can provide some alright night time flash pics if the subject is close enough. If your going to do some night time/ low light stuff I would suggest looking at the olympus TG-1 or TG-2. Their lens goes down to F2 where as the TG-810/820 will only go down to F3.9. In real world though I am not sure how much better the TG-1/2 pictures are in low light. but worth considering I think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another with the Olympus.

Its rated to 10m (I think, something like that). I've used it to 5m & I was quite happy. The Instructor suggested the 10m was an overestimation & about half that was more appropriate. Having said that we had an earlier model that was only rated to 5m so maybe his experience was with the older model.

Eldest son has the nikon & he's happy with it, but has only been snorkelling with it as his dive buddy is living in the Solomons at the moment

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My partner got one for Thailand just two weeks ago : http://www.officeworks.com.au/retail...meras/FUXP50BU Works great , Very easy P&S and $128 from Dicky Smith at the time
    Canon : 30D, and sometimes the 5D mkIII , Sigma 10-20, 50mm 1.8, Canon 24-105 f4 L , On loan Sigma 120-400 DG and Canon 17 - 40 f4 L , Cokin Filters