Thread: 7D + canon 10 -22 vs 5D Mk II + canon 17 - 40L

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

7D + canon 10 -22 vs 5D Mk II + canon 17 - 40L

I'm looking for opinion as I cannot make up my mind.

I currently own a 7D and a 5d Mk II. I currently own a canon 10 -22mm EFS len for the 7D. This is used for my wide angle landscape work. but will be moving to the 5D Mk II when i get a decent full frame wide lens. My question is this....What are your opinions on the 7D/10-22 combo for image quality and edge to edge sharpness(@ F8 - 16) vs a 5d Mk II and a canon 17-40L, as a stepping stone for moving to full frame/wide angle. I will eventually move to a 16 - 35mm F2.8 but in the mean time for cash reasons and upgrade of filter sizes reason I'm stuck on the question posed. I've done plenty of research on all these items,(photozone, dpreview etc) but i'm after opinions of the real people out there using these combos(or those who just have strong opinions!) is a worth while middle step, or whould i wait?

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hay mate. Not sure if you've seen this site before.

I've set the camera on the left to a APS-C and the Camera on the right to FF. You can select the drop downs by simply clicking on the arrows, change cameras and lenses. Very good Canon site.

Hope it helps.

Have a play and see what you feel.

But I'd save the money and just buy the 16 - 35 mm F2.8 11, You might just get lucky and find a really good Mk1 out there second hand.

17 - 40 mm

16 - 35 mm

Also 17 - 22 mm
    Last edited by Roosta; 05-03-2013 at 6:56pm.
    They call me "Blue" it's a red head thing.
    "My Flickr Site"
    Canon Bodies - 1DMk2N + 50D - Lenses - 17-35mm F2.8 L - 24-70mm F2.8 L - 70-200mm F2.8 L - 300mm F4 IS L - Sigma 18-50mm F2.8 - Sigma 10-20mm - DJI Mavic Pro Platinum
    " I Never get tired of looking at our diverse country, even if its through the lens of someone else".
    CC is always appreciated.