User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  5

Thread: Lacking Imagination

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lacking Imagination

Hey guys, i have so much fun taking photos but most of the time i find it hard and lack imagination of what to take photos of?
    I dont have a set style of photos i like to take yet would having one help?

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You oughtter talk!

Well, let's see... Ipswich... What's there? Isn't/wasn't there a railway museum? (Must have been, I went there once.)
    But if trains, a different angle? And what's on the way? Any waterways? Got any interesting plants/flowers in your yard.
    Do birds come there? (Unlike here!)
    Do any sports photog?

Got any close-up/macro gear?
    ...Am...
    CC, Image editing OK.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what do you like looking at? others would probably like to see the same things, captured in your photos
    Last edited by extraball; 04-03-2013 at 5:33pm.
    CC allways appreciated!
    My gear Canon 1100D, Tamron SP70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di VC USD lens, and Canon 18-55 EFS lens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The more photos you take and the more you see the more it fuels your imagination.

Projects can help. Maybe for a month you can focus on, say, rust or decay. Or patterns. Or blue. So on and so forth. Check out the competitions on here, or what's being featured in a photography magazine for an idea on a project to stimulate creativity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Brett,

They say your first 10,000 photos are your worst. I suggest getting them out of the road as soon as possible!

Shoot EVREYTHING!!

Head to QLD raceway. That'll be good for a couple of thousand!

Head home, and shoot a landscape sunset off the hwy, there is some really nice pasture lands out there and a few lonley tree type shots.

There are a heap of awesome old Queenslander type houses out there too. They could yield a couple of interesting shots. Ipswich has a massive cultural heritage. Go and capture it!

If you ever want to get out there, I'm only over at Forest Lake, I'm happy to get out there almost any time!
    Greg Bartle,
    I have a Pentax and I'm not afraid to use it.
    Pentax K5
    Sigma 10-20 | Tamron 17-50 F:2.8 | Sigma 50 F:1.4 | Sigma 70-200 F:2.8 Plus a bunch of Ye Olde lenses

Would you like to see more?
    http://flickr.com/photosbygreg

Site Rules Breach - Permanent Ban
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just go for a walk and start taking photos. Don't over think it too much and get a block. The more photos that you take, the more creative a place in your mind you will be.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    it is about SEEING like a photographer. Here is a challenge for you. Lock yourself on your bathroom. I want you to take 50 photos, BUT no two can be the same. Thing about objects and angles. Go try it, it is harder than you think, but as you get up towards 40 and beyond you are starting to look for different ways to capture the room and its contents. It is then that you start to see 'differently' and it is then that your most creative work will come out.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, all of you just gave me 1,000,000 idea. I like capturing people on the daily grind, (well i like pictures of it never done it yet)
    Picutres of that darkened and dangerous alley, to that beautiful landscape that takes your breathe away.

I got a Canon 550D with a twin lens kit and i recently purchased a 50mm 1.8 (that lives on my camera) zooming feels kinda pervy.

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, you will know a closet photographer by the expression, "I've just got to go to the bathroom."
    m.

Next, try the kitchen, the broom cupboard, the pantry...
    Pretty soon you'll hear the acclaim, "IS THERE A PHOTOGRAPHER IN THE HOUSE?"
    To which you can reply, "I imagine so."

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL ^ ok guys i just uploaded some photos to flickr and put them on for CC
    http://www.ausphotography.net.au/for...-minute-photos

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Brett, if you want to get some focus, enter the weekly competition. The topics are specified for the month ahead and there's a Beginner category. You'll find this month's topics here http://www.ausphotography.net.au/for...ot-and-a-TWIST

This week is Red, followed by Blue and then Green - last week is Monochrome.

I'm finding this very inspirational in terms of planning to shoot a photo. This could be very helpful to you, as you appear somewhat 'stuck' at the moment. Give it a go, it's a lot of fun - nothing ventured, nothing gained

Also, do you have some sort of software to do some post processing of your images? You would have a basic program on a CD that came with your camera. If you don't have it, you should be able to download it from the manufacturer's website. Other good programmes are PS Elements, PS Lightroom, Aperture (from Apple), Photoshop CSx (expensive), GIMP (free) and there are some more. Digital images do need some work, so perhaps this is an area you need to address also? cheers Deb

Member formerly known as : Lplates Glenda's Avatar
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Similar to the bathroom idea and one that was in one of the first photography books I bought was - go for a walk and stop every 30 paces and find something to photograph. It's amazing what you see when you really have to look.
    Glenda

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Join in here .... http://www.ausphotography.net.au/for...lenges-52-2013 The sticky at the top has the years themes set out.

Gives me a reason to think about and take a specific photo each week. Also get to see how others do things.
    Next weeks theme is watch/clock. I have a plan to capture my photo while I get my hair cup tomorrow.
    "Enjoy what you can do rather than being frustrated at what you can't." bobt
    Canon 80D, 60D, Canon 28-105, Sigma 150-600S.

Way Down Yonder in the Paw Paw Patch jim's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you're having fun just carry on. Shoot anything that catches your eye and don't worry too much about it. Most likely some sort of distinctive style will emerge with time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i live in ipswich there are some great areas to go to. i have sent you a message
    canon 5D mark III tamron 24-70 2.8 vc, 50mm 1.8, tamrom 70-200 2.8 vc, remote tripod
    perseverance

Rob

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Again thanks everyone for your helpful tips and advice.
    @ mathy/mark l: ill join the competitions that will keep me set into being creative for a while. Also i have Photoshop CS6, pretty good at using it. But now have changed to use Lightroom which is amazing
    @ jim: great advice, today i took a photo of a dumptruck in the mud that i drove past earler. The reason it caught my eye was because it was surround by a huge puddle causing a flawless reflection. I will find a style when the time comes i guess.
    @ nixworries: thanks for the pm. pm replied to.

Just on another note, this has to be the most helpful place i have ever been to in my life lol.
    Really makes me want to give back or help others, again the time will come once i gain experience myself.

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brettmc20 View Post
    Again thanks everyone for your helpful tips and advice.
    @ mathy/mark l: ill join the competitions that will keep me set into being creative for a while.
    Just in case , my link was to a challenge, not a comp..