Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  3

Thread: Perfect Effect 4 x onOne Software

The Commander
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perfect Effect 4 x onOne Software

I have come across this software a number of times as I have a set of LR4 presets they provided for free. Ther is a product they have called Perfect Effects 4 which has a lot of features I currently do via PSE9 however in a much simpler and faster way. Before I download yet another piece of trial software that finds a corner in my registry and forever more clags up that corner - I would like too hear from anyone that has used or is using the software and how much value it really is.

Thanks in Advance,

Mike
    Please be honest with your Critique of my images. I may not always agree, but I will not be offended - CC assists my learning and is always appreciate

https://mikeathome.smugmug.com/

Canon 5D3 - Gripped, EF 70-200 L IS 2.8 MkII, , 24-105 L 4 IS MkI, 580 EX II Speedlite, 2x 430 Ex II Speedlite

The Commander
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am assuming not much usage of this app or no one was interested in threat :-) due to the NIL responses - LOL. When ahead and tried this app as in my experience - althought the website demos look great the performance of this app on my box was dismal. I wouldn't think it was due to lack of PC resources as LR4, PSE9 and PS CS5 run fine. I wouldnt think that this app would require more resources than LR4 or PS. So for any others interest, my experience was not great due to the poor performance of the app - that's just my experience though and am still interested in others experience say on MAC etc as that is the platform for my next upgrade.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use "Perfect Photo Suite 6" mainly for the resizing with perfect resize (which I think used to be genuine fractals) and the gallery wrap for canvas prints I do. For what I use it for it works fine on a late 2012 27"imac with 32 gig ram 3.4gig i7 cpu as a plugin for cs5 and aperture or as a stand alone program . Also runs ok on 2.66 core 2 duo mac mini with 8 gig ram. I haven't really played with the effects part of the app yet. My old imac, 2006 with 3 gig ram struggled with it.

The Commander
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by davsv1 View Post
    I use "Perfect Photo Suite 6" mainly for the resizing with perfect resize (which I think used to be genuine fractals) and the gallery wrap for canvas prints I do. For what I use it for it works fine on a late 2012 27"imac with 32 gig ram 3.4gig i7 cpu as a plugin for cs5 and aperture or as a stand alone program . Also runs ok on 2.66 core 2 duo mac mini with 8 gig ram. I haven't really played with the effects part of the app yet. My old imac, 2006 with 3 gig ram struggled with it.
    Thanks davsv1, that is interesting to here - my pc is i7 8 core with 8 Gb ram which has run LR4, PSE9 and CS5 successfully with very little lag. This app just seemed top kill the PC and from what I could make out was dur to the amount of hard drive activity the app needed.
    Would be interested to hear how it performs for you with the Perfect Effects component

Cheers,

Mike

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Mike, I have Perfect Photo Suite 7 and used it a few times with no issues on my 2008 MacBook. I still do 90% of my processing in Aperture 3 (apple software), but everything I use Perfect Photo for seems to work well. I initially bought it so I could work with layers (Aperture 3 can't), but have experimented with the other areas of it as well.

I keep promising myself to make time and work out how to use it better but work keeps getting in the way....

Hope this helps a bit, a little vague as I haven't used it extensively sorry.
    Andrew

Mostly Canon gear

The Commander
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boofhead View Post
    Hi Mike, I have Perfect Photo Suite 7 and used it a few times with no issues on my 2008 MacBook. I still do 90% of my processing in Aperture 3 (apple software), but everything I use Perfect Photo for seems to work well. I initially bought it so I could work with layers (Aperture 3 can't), but have experimented with the other areas of it as well.

I keep promising myself to make time and work out how to use it better but work keeps getting in the way....

Hope this helps a bit, a little vague as I haven't used it extensively sorry.
    Thanks Andrew, I actually did like the features it offered in some areas too. Seems to me I better google the performance issue I had as it seems the problem has not been shared by others so maybe a performance setting I need to look at.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Mike,
    I tried some basic edits, layers, frames, portrait mode skin smoothing etc, it responded pretty well instantly and was easy to see effect taking place. My setup does have an ssd/fusion hard drive and turbo boost to 3.9ghz so it is pretty quick to respond.

David

The Commander
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by davsv1 View Post
    Hi Mike,
    I tried some basic edits, layers, frames, portrait mode skin smoothing etc, it responded pretty well instantly and was easy to see effect taking place. My setup does have an ssd/fusion hard drive and turbo boost to 3.9ghz so it is pretty quick to respond.

David
    Thanks David, Hmm downloaded the latest version and the issue was pretty bad - performance and latency so bad it was basically unusable and it crashed when I tried to use a more advance feature. Have had no issues with any other software CS5, PSE9 LR4 all preform really well. From way I can analyze it looks to be an issue with the app addressing the Windows 7 64 bit mem space. I really liked the look and feel and the features of the product but will be a no buy for me I am afraid.
    Thanks for the testing and help.

Cheers,

Mike

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They do a free version for anyone who wants to try it out: Perfect Effects 4 Free

I've got it but haven't played much. I didn't notice any performance issues.
    -- Mister Q

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I use Perfect Resize to (as said it used to be called genuine fractals) and is in my opinion, the best way to upsize a photo. Based on that, I have a deal of respect for OnOne's skill at producing a decent product.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

The Commander
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrQ View Post
    They do a free version for anyone who wants to try it out: Perfect Effects 4 Free

I've got it but haven't played much. I didn't notice any performance issues.
    Thanks Mister Q - I am baffled why it wont run on my PC, has plenty of grunt and memory.

I may log a question with the vendor

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    I use Perfect Resize to (as said it used to be called genuine fractals) and is in my opinion, the best way to upsize a photo. Based on that, I have a deal of respect for OnOne's skill at producing a decent product.
    Thanks Rick, I agree with you. I really liked the look and the features of the software and all looks until I try to use it. Seems I am the only one to have had performance issues at this point and I am determined to get to the bottom of it as I am still keen to use some of the features. I thought the resize looked particularly good too.
    Thanks