Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  2

Thread: Got my new D800 , got issues with Capture NX2

Photoholic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got my new D800 , got issues with Capture NX2

Hi people , Not sure if anyone else has had this problem , when I transfer pics from the D800 on my laptop the images are displaying as 70ish MB file size in NEF which is what I expected , but the images by default are displaying at 66% and are only 1920Pixels across (metadata) I initially had the same problem with my Desktop but this seems to be okay now after uploading the latest version of NX2 2.3.5 , now this bit confuses me more , I loaded the latest version of NX2 onto the Laptop and it's 2.4.0 , so it's a newer version , Is it just a setting in the Preferences that I am missing ? Any help will be much appreciated , when I download pics off my d700 or D7000 they are displayed by default at 16% and are as per normal .
    Does a one legged duck swim in an eliptic circle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Goatch,

I dont know if this answers your question, but I shoot in Lossless compressed Raw and I get 7360 x 4912 pixels at about 40 mb per photo as per View NX 2.
    Nikon D90, D800
    Nikkor 18-105,
    Sigma 8-16, 18-50, 12-24, 24-70, 70-200, 50-500, 105.

Photoholic
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah , I shoot in the same format and also in the Uncompressed Raw for around 70MB ,
    Cheers mate ,

Moderately Underexposed
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just doing a few quick screen grabs to illustrate something, give me a few minutes Goatch.

- - - Updated - - -

The way I have CNX2 set up is to have the tool palette on an old crt monitor and the image being worked on a an lcd monitor.

Here are screen grabs of a D700 and a D800 file open within the restraints of the monitors.

The D800 files are smaller % wise to start with due to the extra megapickle size.

Andrew
    Nikon, Fuji, Nikkor, Sigma, Tamron, Tokina and too many other bits and pieces to list.

Photoholic
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers Andrew , I must be missing something in the default setup , although comparing the 2 versions of NX2 side by side I'm buggered if I know , if I transfer the images straight from a stand alone Nikon Transfer they are displaying at 66% by default in NX2 , if I use the Launch Nikon Transfer from within NX2 then upload the images they are by default displaying at 16% full res 7200 pickles , now I'm more confused than ever

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatch View Post
    Cheers Andrew , I must be missing something in the default setup , although comparing the 2 versions of NX2 side by side I'm buggered if I know , if I transfer the images straight from a stand alone Nikon Transfer they are displaying at 66% by default in NX2 , if I use the Launch Nikon Transfer from within NX2 then upload the images they are by default displaying at 16% full res 7200 pickles , now I'm more confused than ever
    If you use Nikon Transfer to empty your card into your computer, your image size issue could come from the Nikon Transfer itself.
    Try to use a card reader to directly transfer your images into your computer (without using Nikon Transfer)...

Photoholic
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers Sar , I'll try that

Moderately Underexposed
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry Goatch, I can't think of any reason they would display at 66%.
    There are no settings that are obvious in the menus to alter it and if I transfer either by simply copying the files through windows or by inserting the card to a card reader and selecting the option of Nikon transfer they all come out looking just as my screen grabs.
    The size of the view in View NX2 can be altered to display at xxx % but I am sure that resets itself every time the program is opened.