Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  4

Thread: tell where the sun sets and rises

Ausphotography Regular wideangle's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tell where the sun sets and rises

Not sure if this has been discussed before, but came across a cool app for computers that shows where the sun will set and rise. An invaluabe tool for the photographer! It's also interesting to check out how the sun direction changes throughout the year.

- - - Updated - - -

Does anyone know of any computer apps that actually show you on street view where the sun is rising and setting?
    please ask before PP my images

"Life is what happens to you while your busy making other plans"

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There was such a thing posted about 2 yrs ago that did show streets. It's called The Photographer's Ephemeris.
    Ta for this one, too.
    Am.
    CC, Image editing OK.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TPE is also available as an app for the iPhone - can be handy sometimes.
    5D MkII Gripped | EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II | EF 24-70mm f/2.8L | EF 50mm f/1.4 USM | EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM | EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro | Extender 2x II | 580EX II & 430EX II Speedlites
    Wanted: The list is long.......so very long........(sighs)
    Oldies but still goodies: AE-1+Program | FD 28mm f/2.8 | FD 50mm f/1.4 | FD 70-210 f/4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Local knowledge helps me during the year , I have my summer and winter favourite ( depending on the direction of the sun ) locations for morning sunrises , Can depend on wind,tide and cloud cover as to which spot to shoot at , But if I'm away in a different place it can be difficult to get the right location to pick for the shoot , This one of AM's has been around a while : The Photographer's Ephemeris.
    Canon : 30D, and sometimes the 5D mkIII , Sigma 10-20, 50mm 1.8, Canon 24-105 f4 L , On loan Sigma 120-400 DG and Canon 17 - 40 f4 L , Cokin Filters

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    TPE is definitely the premium one that most use! Mainly cause it also looks at hill heights and takes that into account for your location. So rather than just saying the sun will rise at 6.15am, it tells you it will rise at 6.15 and it will clear the hill to your east at 6.37am
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography