Thread: time to upgrade

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the replies, suggestions and your opinions people.

I went to the shops to have a feel of the cameras and I'm liking the 6d because it feels much lighter than the 5d mark ii and I'm wanting to get into night photography so shooting in higher ISO is also whats pulling me in. As for what lens I'm still undecided but knowing I'm not in a rush leaves me some time to save up more. What lenses I end up with will also depend on weather or not I can sell my current camera + lenses and for what price.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrrunx View Post
    I went to the shops to have a feel of the cameras and I'm liking the 6d because it feels much lighter than the 5d mark ii and I'm wanting to get into night photography so shooting in higher ISO is also whats pulling me in. As for what lens I'm still undecided . . .
    . . . your ‘wish list’ revolves around a final kit of three zooms.

Logically the most ‘versatile’ for the most general range of photography, are the two 24 to 70 lenses – so the choice will likely come between those two.

Therefore, I suggest you think through the: “Image Stabilization vs. Extra stop of Aperture Speed” arguments.

Of course, if you choose that Image Stabilization has the advantage for you, then the EF 24 to 105F/4 IS USM, must then reckon in contention – and I wondered why it was not included, in the first inst..

WW