Over the past few weeks i have posted my first 2 attempts at shooting people, 1 corporate in nature and 1 more fashion in style, i asked for serious critique. I was rewarded with well thought and honest responses to the photos.
I did wonder though, where does technical ability meet customer satisfaction, value for money, end result and general satisfaction .

Both of my people shoots were done for free but both clients would have been happy to pay ( after seeing the end result ) for the photos.
I was, to be honest very proud of the shots for my first efforts, but the reality was they were flawed in many ways, in the eyes of other photographers. I don't doubt this as true and strive to better myself in future, but what of the future of the industry.
If i were to hang a shingle and sell myself as a photographer, i am thinking that there would well be a market for me, cheap, not perfect but good enough, photographer. Would i be a threat, not at all, my point being where is the regulation within the industry.
I see many shots on this site i aspire to, i also see many photographers selling cut price packages with sub standard product on the web.

So what for the future of photography, there will always be shots that make you go wow, but given the proliferation of images via apps and Facebook are we dumbing down peoples expectation of a great capture. Is the daily commentary of life through these sources making the mediocre more mainstream, thus average becomes better. The ability to enhance a simple shot from a phone makes an artist of us all, but is it good enough.

I respect that great photographers will always be in demand, my concern lies in the middle ground and where this all will lead.

Just my thoughts but interested in any other opinions.

Many thanks for reading.