User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  8

Thread: eGlobal and their landline policy - honestly!

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

eGlobal and their landline policy - honestly!

I wanted to buy a new lens and eGlobal had the best price on that day. I have previously been put off buying from these guys because I don't have a landline. However, when I read the form it said, provide a phone number, with a separate box for a mobile number, so I entered the international version of my mobile number in the phone number box. Once again couldn't complete a transaction. This time, I decided to give them some feedback and sent them a msg via their offline live chat facility, which was:

"You just lost a sale, I don't have a landline - lots of people don't these days, bye"

Today, I received the following communication from them:

"Dear Deborah, Please provide your work landline or friends / family landline if you don't have one and remark your mobile in note box during check out process. Regards, eGlobaL"

To which I have replied:

"Sorry, but what planet are you on? All my family are dead, so I can't provide their number. Why would I want my friends to be bothered by your possible enquiries? Same thing for my work - should they be paying me to take phone calls from you? I don't think so. Besides, I work nights and I'm not contactable at work. I have a verified Paypal account, a verified credit card and a mobile number that I've had for 20 years - what IS your problem? Anyway, it's not my problem because I've made my purchase elsewhere and I'll be happy to pay more if I have to, because trust is a two way thing and your company obviously has a major issue - I'm not interested in dealing with people/companies like that, cheers Deb"

and I completed my transaction with DWI who are not only now a site sponsor, but a business I have bought from before. I can recommend them, they are prompt, communicate well and don't have a problem with one supplying a mobile number as a phone contact. I achieved my goal of making a purchase and giving AP a 'click' (I hope) cheers Deb

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sorry to inform you Deb, but you do realise eGlobal and DWI are actually both owned by the same company? Yep they are both part of the same organisation.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I to had an issue with entering my phone number with e-global. Didn't click with me, that it needed to be the international version of my home number. I left-off the "02", and just filled-in my local number. Now I know better, and agree that this area of the order process could be improved.
    CC allways appreciated!
    My gear Canon 1100D, Tamron SP70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di VC USD lens, and Canon 18-55 EFS lens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    Sorry to inform you Deb, but you do realise eGlobal and DWI are actually both owned by the same company? Yep they are both part of the same organisation.
    Well that's interesting to know.
    The age of entitlement isn't over, it's just over there where you can't get to it.
    When several possibilities exist, the simplest solution is the best.
    "There are no rules" Bruce Barnbaum, The art of Photography
    Graham

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems to me it's a bit like Jetstar and Qantas, you pay a little more with Qantas but get better service.

DWI is Qantas and provides full Aussie support, better service and eGlobal is Jetstar, no Aussie contacts/support, budget service.
    Cheers,
    Ian

All the 7's: D700, D7000, D70

It's all about the Light!
    Tech Admin
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Landlines are becoming less common now, i.e. mobiles and 'net technologies are replacing them.
    I have a fixed phone number only is as much as I have a naked ADSL service with VoIP.
    The NBN will also change things for people. I.e. Skype only NBN homes etc.

Relying on the once ubiquitous landline is not a good idea!
    Last edited by Kym; 15-02-2013 at 5:22pm.
    regards, Kym Gallery Honest & Direct Constructive Critique Appreciated! ©
    Digital & film, Bits of glass covering 10mm to 500mm, and other stuff

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    (Hmm!)
    CC, Image editing OK.

Ausphotography Veteran Speedway's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My last purchase with them also asked for a landline number, as I didn't have one either I contacted them via their live chat and the answer was just enter a number ie 12345678 and add a note with your mobile number. Problem solved, Its not helping you not reading their email properly, throwing your hands in the air blaming them when it is a problem with the software (not theirs) with an easy workaround that they provided. Again, if you had read their email properly.
    Cheers
    Keith.

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry Deborah, But reading your email makes me think you have a rather short fuse.... Not a handy thing to have when you are into photography. A lot of patients, understanding and able to work around issues the key to the trade/hobby.
    Geoff
    Honesty is best policy.
    CC is always welcome
    Nikon D3000 ... Nikon D90... Nikon D700 Various lenses, Home studio equipment and all the associated stuff
    Flickr

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with Geoff's sentiment - However, I could not help but laugh at the irony of the situation and the information age.......here is what I see:

• Complaint made via Internet - most modern form of communication
    • Complainant wants to use mobile phone number - next most modern communication tool
    • Complaint is about landlines - an older form of communication
    • Complainant lives in Semaphore - ummm a very old form of communication (flags)

Gave me a chuckle

Account Closed
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I posted about the experience i had, in order to publicise that experience in the hope that the site sponsor may choose to have a look at their business practices and choose to enter the 21st century.

If I have offended some people, then I apologise.

I shall keep my opinions to myself in the future, cheers Deb

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fair go Deb, it is not your opinion that is in question. Your original post shows very little tolerance, I think that is what we have picked up on. I don't think you have offended anyone so no need to apologise, however, your approach to the situation has been pretty direct, don't be upset if we get direct in response.

ps <and this may be removed by the mods> if your first contact with my business was "You just lost a sale, I don't have a landline - lots of people don't these days, bye" without trying to work it out....well I would be breathing a big sigh of relief, yep, byeeeee, we don't need customers like you who are not willing to read our rules.

I would prefer you tried to work it out with me first.

Having said that I have been divorced twice...might be my issue................wife #3 is amazing and understands tolerance.....want her number, you might learn something

You seem to demand gold service but want to pay bronze prices.
    Last edited by ricktas; 16-02-2013 at 7:18am.

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Deb.
    I too was not offended. And as for keeping your comments to yourself... Keep them coming. God invented forums so we can communicate with others. We can share our joys, convey our sad times and vent our frustrations. All to a bunch of like minded, faceless friends. Forums are also great for learning things. Like photography or other hobbies. But the most important is that we learn a bit more about ourselves. How we communicate, how we interact with others. And how we interpret the written word.

So don't be shy. Don't be bashfull. Speak your mind. You may get the odd kick in the butt. But the good times always out weigh the bad times.

Ausphotography Veteran Speedway's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffsta View Post
    Hello Deb.
    I too was not offended. And as for keeping your comments to yourself... Keep them coming. God invented forums so we can communicate with others. We can share our joys, convey our sad times and vent our frustrations. All to a bunch of like minded, faceless friends. Forums are also great for learning things. Like photography or other hobbies. But the most important is that we learn a bit more about ourselves. How we communicate, how we interact with others. And how we interpret the written word.

So don't be shy. Don't be bashfull. Speak your mind. You may get the odd kick in the butt. But the good times always out weigh the bad times.
    Totally agree.
    Cheers
    Keith.

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same here!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    agree totally with Geoff...
    Graeme
    "May the good Lord look down and smile upon your face"......Norman Gunston___________________________________________________
    Nikon: D7000, D80, 12-24 f4, 17-55 f2.8, 18-135, 70-300VR, 35f2, SB 400, SB 600, TC-201 2x converter. Tamron: 90 macro 2.8 Kenko ext. tubes. Photoshop CS2.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you can learn alot about yourself, and others, by speaking your mind

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have purchased from eglobal and I just asked them what I do about not having a landline on their live chat thingy, took me 3 minutes to sort out - its actually ok as it helps verify who you are ordering from anyway

And sorry but I had a chuckle when reading the original post, you've gone with the same company anyway, whooops
    Successful People Make Adjustments - Evander Holyfield

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't had a landline for 20 years with the exception of when living in Mount Isa, I needed it for the DSL, but didn't own a phone to plug into it. I have spent plenty at eGlobal, I simply enter my mobile number with the 02 prefix instead of the 04xx. They have always been helpful in more ways than one and I would happily continue doing business with them and DWI.