User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  3

Thread: Camera bag for a small person...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Camera bag for a small person...

Hi everyone!

I am in need of a new camera bag, as my current one only holds a camera + 1 lens, and it is way too small to put anything else (like my ipad or wallet...).

I am only 163 cm with small body frame.
    I currently have Nikon D7000 and standard/wide angle/macro lenses, and I will have my father's telephoto lenses in the future. I'd like to bring 2 lenses and a tripod (2kg) with me when I go somewhere, but I have to be able to lift them up.
    It'd be nice if I could put my mobile phone and wallet in the same bag as well.

Any suggestion for a little person?

Thanks in advance

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am going to suggest you go into a couple of camera shops and look at the backpacks and try them on your small frame body.
    You can always buy it on line later once you know what is comfortable for you..

I shoot with Olympus Cameras.. Sometimes Canon and My iPhone SE 2020

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Agree with Mary Anne. Go to a camera store and check them out, the range of bag options is huge! Take with you the things you want to be able to fit in the bag and try them.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with Rick and Mary Anne, but also think about how far / long you'll be walking with you gear.

If you do longer walks with your gear you might perfer a backpack as opposed to a shoulder / sling bag. A 2kg tripod gets heavy if it's only supported on a shoulder bag.

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for your suggestions Mary Anne, ricktas, and mikec.

I've been tossing between a sling bag and a backpack. More I think about it, a backpack seems like a better option

2kg tripod is heavy to me....I always get tempted to go somewhere without a tripod for the weight reason, but then I don't have enough muscles to hold my camera still

Out of interest...Is 2kg considered heavy for a tripod? Or is it standard?

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my opinion, that tripod is about mid-range as far as tripod types go. I have one that's ~1/2Kg, and another that about the same as yours. But I've seen quite a few others, both heavier AND lighter.
    Does yours need to be that heavy (like, what is it supporting)?

Over the shoulder is DEFinitely short term and in desperation with such gear.
    Am.
    CC, Image editing OK.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A small backpack should be fine just make sure the back straps are wide and padded.. I have a Lowpro mini trekker for on board luggage
    You would not need one that size.. I can walk around the Airports with it on but I could not walk in the great outdoors with 7kg on my back
    I would not be using all that gear on a days outing.. Yes forget about the shoulder bags mine sits in the wardrobe..

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ameerat42 View Post
    In my opinion, that tripod is about mid-range as far as tripod types go. I have one that's ~1/2Kg, and another that about the same as yours. But I've seen quite a few others, both heavier AND lighter.
    Does yours need to be that heavy (like, what is it supporting)?

Over the shoulder is DEFinitely short term and in desperation with such gear.
    Am.
    To be honest, I don't own a big telephoto lens, so it doesn't have to be that heavy
    I've been putting up with its weight because it is only tripod I own.
    Second tripod may not be a bad idea if I want to do a bit more traveling

A shoulder bag is definitely out now.

Thank you for your Suggestion Am

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Anne View Post
    A small backpack should be fine just make sure the back straps are wide and padded.. I have a Lowpro mini trekker for on board luggage
    You would not need one that size.. I can walk around the Airports with it on but I could not walk in the great outdoors with 7kg on my back
    I would not be using all that gear on a days outing.. Yes forget about the shoulder bags mine sits in the wardrobe..
    Yes, I won't need a big backpack...I wouldn't be able to carry that many gears all day.
    It seems like a small backpack is the way to go.
    I'll have a look at them at shop.

Thank you for your helpful suggestion Mary Anne