Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quick Question

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I @ M View Post
    Gees, settle ---
    I reckon you were offered some pretty fair advice in this thread but flipping the lid like you have with your reply makes me wonder whether you have the demeanour to actually even contemplate being anyone's assistant let alone at a wedding where tact, courtesy and manners run a very very close place to photographic ability.

How about you have a bit of a relax and show us some of your work and let some experienced heads on here advise you whether you approach the mark photographically to be an assistant and we can work on the attitude later.
    Agree! and if Townsvillegirl is that busy that it takes you a week to get back to your own discussion, then professional photography is not for you! and you need to be a bit less feisty if you want to be employed as a second shooter. You need to be able to do what you are told to do, without questioning it. If you fired up at me like that on a shoot, you would be outa there so fast your head would spin! Remember it is you who said you did not understand why professional photographers get so upset... Well we get upset when beginners think they can tell us how to run our businesses.

You wanted your question answered, it was, and you did not like the answer. So who is wrong in this scenario? and who needs to change their attitude?

we want:

* someone who can contact us directly and be interviewed by us.
    * someone who doesn't turn up an hour late and say "I have a life, I got busy".
    * someone who can take on board constructive feedback and not get annoyed by it.
    * someone with good photography skills who is smart enough to use family and friends to take photos of, and build their portfolio.
    * someone who shows initiative and doesn't expect us to have to tell and show them everything.
    Last edited by ricktas; 17-02-2013 at 6:36pm.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    You are allowed to name them, but be aware that you are also legally responsible for the content you post to AP, and thus you have to weigh up if it is worthwhile being summoned to court, if the person decides to pursue your version of events as been non-factual (ie slanderous).

So if you feel you wish to name them, go right ahead.
    Good points, I will forfeit on that then.

Cheers Ricktas.
    Last edited by AVALANCHE; 17-02-2013 at 6:38pm.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have closed the OP's account at their request!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12