User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  11
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Go Pro Cameras

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just picked up a Liquid Image Ego from cheap chips, plenty of comparisons against the go pro on You tube. Big point of difference is it has wifi and is controllable with an Iphone or Android device, saved 10% with the promotion on this site too! under $200 delivered with a 32gb micro SD card.

GT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi All,

This is a very good article on using your new gopro: http://abekislevitz.com/understanding-your-new-gopro/

Half way down is a break down of the different video modes, My gopro is now permanently on 1080p @ 60fps in narrow mode the footage is brilliant.

cheers

Moderately Underexposed
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In line with previous posts ^ I have had a very very very quick play with the Kogan sourced AEE Magicam we bought and the included goodies that come with it and the limited testing so far indicate that it is a true bargain for non pixel peeping, non video types like us to have a bit of fun with.

Will post a vid on youtube when I get out and about with it.
    Andrew
    Nikon, Fuji, Nikkor, Sigma, Tamron, Tokina and too many other bits and pieces to list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a quick vid I did for a fellow member who asked for a sample of the AEE Magicam:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89rZKM-T6do

Edit: I only uploaded it at 720p not the full 1080p because it was over 600meg in full HD.
    Last edited by Epoc; 12-02-2013 at 7:08pm.
    Cheers,
    Ian

All the 7's: D700, D7000, D70

Moderately Underexposed
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Epoc View Post
    Here's a quick vid I did for a fellow member who asked for a sample of the AEE Magicam:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89rZKM-T6do

Edit: I only uploaded it at 720p not the full 1080p because it was over 600meg in full HD.
    Damn, looks absolutely shocking quality for the price.

Gotta luv a bargain occasionally.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exactly Andrew, for muckin about its perfect. I actually played the 1080 50i vid straight out via HDMI to my 50" plasma and it looked bloody good

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the Hero 3 black. If you can spend the extra it is definitely worth it! The extra versatility of selecting wide, normal and narrow field of view at 1080p is awesome. Plus there is a GoPro app for your smart phone so you can wirelessly control all settings and see what the camera sees! I just purchased a RAM suction mount for when I going flying so I can mount it outside the aircraft! Hope to get some good pics on here soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve been using a HD Hero, 5 days a week for a couple of years now on my daily commute to work. I use it as a coroner cam.

It has givien faithful service with no issues as yet. It came with various fitting/mounting options to suit different situations.

The one negative is that I do find the images at night time to be quite dim even with a bright LED cycle lights illuminating the path.
    Last edited by brownie; 13-02-2013 at 8:45pm. Reason: spelin an gramer
    Nikon D90, 18-200VR II, Tokina 100mm Macro, Sigma 150-500, Nikkor 35mm, Giotto Rocket Air Blower

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenedis View Post
    I've been toying with the notion of buying one of these for a while, but the problem is that I don't currently have a practical use for it.
    Heh, same. I don't go mountain biking, surfing or anything cool like that....so aside from that, what are people on here using them for?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anything underwater in your hobbies? I just bought an extendable pole mount for mine. I am keen to try out the iFish and Robson Green technique of seeing a caught fish being reeled in. Also, I took mine to my young nieces pool party on the weekend. It captured her and friends having a ball doing bombys, making faces and the like underwater. Their reactions, when played back on TV for them were priceless!

I really think their uses are endless and imagination needed to take advantages of these types of cameras. But if nothing action related is in your interests, money would be better spent elsewhere

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnBloodbeard View Post
    Heh, same. I don't go mountain biking, surfing or anything cool like that....so aside from that, what are people on here using them for?
    I bought mine for spearfishing but 90% of its use has been my kids at the beach, time lapse & shenanigans they are amazingly verstile.

Ausphotography Veteran
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, So i'm going to get the Go Pro Hero 3 Black, The only draw back I can see, against it's major competitor is the lack of software.

So what do the Go Pro users use?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nwhc View Post
    I bought mine for spearfishing but 90% of its use has been my kids at the beach, time lapse & shenanigans they are amazingly verstile.
    Good to see you're only spear fishing the kids with the Go Pro, other wise, it could get messy and awkward to explain.

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been toying with the notion of buying one of these for a while, but the problem is that I don't currently have a practical use for it.
    Oddly enough, now I do.

This afternoon I was sailing a 36' yacht on the harbour. I figured it would be good to mount a camera on the mast for our next sessions, and for our upcoming races.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been using GoPros for a few years now and find them sensational little units, my brother is a filmmaker, videographer and post production editor and has tried all sorts of cameras.......whilst he might use more pro units most of the time he often uses GoPros over any other similar type of camera because of their quality.......you would be surprised to know what they get used in sometimes, often quite large budget productions needing high quality footage use them for many shots......not bad for a $300 camera.
    There are quite a few programs out there that will do the job, I have always found Sony Vegas Pro to be reasonably user friendly with loads of tutorials on the interweb to help and still be semi proffessional
    Canon 7D, Canon EF 24-105mm f4L, Canon 16-35mm f2.8L, Canon EF 50mm f1.4, Tokina 11-16mm f2.8
    Manfrotto 190XPROB + Vanguard Ball Head + Kenova fluid pan head
    Kirk Enterprises Low Pod + Manfrotto 410 Geared Head + Velbon Super Mag Slider
    GoPro Hero2
    Bags, Cases and lots of other bibs and bobs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vegas Pro is a top notch piece of software that comes at a premium price. I use Sony's Vegas Movie Studio Platinum. It's basically a cut down version of Vegas Pro at a much lower price. I tried the demo of Vegas Pro and found it was way over the top for what I needed. Movie Studio was perfect for me.

Ausphotography Veteran
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oddly enough, now I do.

This afternoon I was sailing a 36' yacht on the harbour. I figured it would be good to mount a camera on the mast for our next sessions, and for our upcoming races.
    See - Everybody can come up with a good/valid excuse/reason. LOL

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Epoc View Post
    Vegas Pro is a top notch piece of software that comes at a premium price. I use Sony's Vegas Movie Studio Platinum. It's basically a cut down version of Vegas Pro at a much lower price. I tried the demo of Vegas Pro and found it was way over the top for what I needed. Movie Studio was perfect for me.
    Will look into it, cheers Epoc.

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I can figure out a way to mount a Go Pro camera on the mast or the boom of our yacht, I might buy one and shoot footage of our next few sails.

Ausphotography Veteran
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Duct Tape - 100 MPH Tape. I believe with the waterproof case they have a flat base for attachments. you should be able to attach it that way, or use a couple of small ratchet style tie down straps mate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depending on thickness of the mast, there is a roll bar mount you can buy that might work

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
    Depending on thickness of the mast, there is a roll bar mount you can buy that might work
    I might be able to mount it under the instrument assembly on the mast.

At this stage it's just an idea. I neither have the camera nor the precise knowledge of how to attach it. :-)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast